Chapter 11: Belphie - I'm Here With You

The next morning...

I gently opened my eyes, noticing how dark it was in the room. I tried to sit up, but my body was so sore and stiff, it was hard for me to move.

As I started to wake up a little more, I stared forward, noticing that the door had opened. From the light in the hallway, I could see Belphie entering my room. I watched as he slowly entered the room, closed the door gently, and carefully walked to my bedside.

He sat down at the end of the bed, facing away from me. Has he not noticed I'm awake? I could see him slightly leaning forward, as if he was about to fall off the bed and knock out on the floor. I rubbed my eyes and let out a tired yawn, still feeling very groggy. Belphie instantly turned around, finally noticing I was awake.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" he asked. I nodded no. Despite my stiff body, I managed to scoot over a little bit, then gently patted the space beside me, wanting Belphie to sit beside me. I watched him get up and join my side, then I noticed something.

Looking at the floor, I asked Belphie, "Where is everyone?"My voice sounds so hoarse and my throat feels so dry.

"They all went to the Demon Lord's Castle," he answered, getting up and reaching for a pitcher of water and empty glass that were on my nightstand. As he poured some water into the glass, he continued, "Diavolo wanted to formally address what happened yesterday and save it for records just in case. None of us wanted to leave you alone and unattended when you'd wake, so I managed to convince everyone I'd stay and take care of you."

He sat down beside me again, handing me the water filled glass. With his help, I carefully sat up, then took several large gulps, feeling relief from the refreshing liquid hit my throat. When I finished the water, I held the empty glass in my lap, gazing at it, feeling uncertainty from what happened within the last 24 hours. I could remember most of it, but I wonder...who was that demon? Why did they target me?

"MC?"

I looked up from the cup, seeing Belphie's worried gaze. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked, concerned. I gently nodded and said, "I'm fine." My throat feels a little better now.

I slightly shifted around, feeling a little bit of discomfort in the sitting position I was in. Belphie got up, took the glass from me and set it on my nightstand, then stood in front of me and adjusted my pillow, helping me lay comfortably against it, using the wall as support.

"Thank you Belphie." He nodded and gave me a gentle smile. I looked down, reached for his hand and said, "Thank you for being by my side." A sudden wave of sorrow overcame me, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I gently squeezed his hand and before I could thank him again, he leaned in, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

When he pulled away, he held the side of my face and said, "Get some more rest MC. You've been through a lot." I agreed. He proceeded to help me lay back down properly, fixing my pillow and ensuring that I was comfortable.

Once I was situated, he grabbed the blanket and started to cover me. Before he could do so completely, I stopped him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. I pushed some of the blanket to the side and tapping the empty space beside me, I said, "Lay down with me." To my surprise, he hesitated.

I reached out for his hand again, holding it tenderly in my own. He softly sighed and said, "...Just for a few minutes." I softly smiled at him, then he let go of my hand and laid down beside me. I turned onto my side, facing him. I rested my arm on his chest, cuddling closely to him.

"How do you feel?" he asked, placing his arm over mine, holding my hand gently.

"Warm. Comfortable. Safe."

He smiled to himself, from her response. He placed a kiss atop her head, then said to her, "I'm here with you. Rest."

A few hours later...

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling myself wake up again. I woke up, laying on my other side. When did I turn around? A gentle squeeze around me made me forget my thought. Belphie's arm was wrapped around me. I reached for his hand and held it, feeling his warmth. I could hear his soft snores behind me. He's in a deep sleep.

I let go of his hand and carefully turned around, facing him. I got closer to his sleeping face, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "Thank you for staying with me."

He suddenly held me a little tighter, pulling me even closer to him. He opened his eyes and meeting my gaze, he said,

"You're welcome."

I could feel my face warm up and my heart beat hard in my chest.

"MC...can I kiss you?"

"...yes."

He held the side of my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb. We got closer to each other, our face inches away from each other—

"WE'RE BACK!!!"

I heard the door slam open. I instantly pushed Belphie away, knocking him off the bed and onto the floor from the shock.

I looked up, seeing the brothers all by the door, looking at Belphie on the floor, groaning in pain.

"Belphie, are you okay?" Beel asked, quickly coming into the room and helping his brother.

"Whoa, what's up with him?" Mammon asked.

As Beel helped him up from the floor, Belphie glanced at me, then said, "I...I was sleeping next to MC and next thing I know, I fell hard onto the floor. I think I was laying in a weird position again or something."

"That's what happens when you fall asleep everywhere. You need to be aware of your surroundings before falling asleep in different places," Asmo scolded.

"But Belphie has fallen off his bed before and didn't instantly wake up before," Satan thought.

Beel helped Belphie sit down on the side of my bed, continuing to ask if he was okay. Once Beel was sure Belphie was alright, the twins both looked at me and simultaneously asked, "How do you feel?" I smiled at both of them and said, "I feel better. Thank you."

The brothers all joined MC, sitting on her bed or the floor, briefly talking about the meeting, then switched to more absurd, childish topics. They made her laugh so much her stomach could hardly take it. Her laugh made all the brothers feel relieved and happy that she was recovering and smiling.