Chapter 10: Fighting Inner Demons

A/N: There will be the option to choose which brother you like for this chapter.

After this, alternative endings for each brother will be created. Let me know if you would like for me to write endings for the side characters as well.

"WE'RE LOSING HER!!!"

As soon as I heard Solomon shout, I quickly dashed down the halls, heading back to the common room.

Even though Lucifer could hear Diavolo and Barbatos following him closely, his worry for MC started to make everything around him vanish.

I rushed back to the common room, then stopped. I held my arms out to my sides, preventing Diavolo and Barbatos from passing. Eyes widened, I watched MC's body elevate from the couch. A light shining in the center of her body.

"MC!!!" shouted Mammon.

He was just about to try and touch her, but Solomon stopped him.

"No! Don't do it!! You might hurt her!!!" he exclaimed.

"What's happening?!" Luke asked, terrified.

"...I don't know!" Solomon answered, truly unsure of this new phenomenon.

"Get...OUT...OF MY BODY!!!"

They all were astounded to hear MC speak so assertively. As soon as she uttered those words, a brighter light started to emit from her, making her shine even more. Everyone shielded their eyes from the intense brightness coming from her.

Then, Barbatos, realized it.

"Lucifer, it's—"

Before he could finish his sentence, Lucifer [or brother of your choosing] transformed into his demon form and dashed towards MC.

He knew what was happening, and needed to help.

As soon as he touched her, she shined so much, everyone needed to shield their eyes from the strong, bright rays she emitted. [Demon brother of your choosing] managed to separate the demon that had possessed MC, tossing it harshly onto the ground. Quickly, he held MC in his arms and slowly descended to the floor.

When he did and the light faded, [Demon brother] glared at the demon and said, " You're the one that hurt MC in the human world! "

As soon as his brothers heard this, all of them transformed into their demon forms and approached the low-life demon.

Solomon told the angels to get away before they saw the demon's gruesome end. Once the three of them retreated, the demon brothers began the assault.

The demon attempted to get away, but one of them harshly stepped on its tail, preventing it from fleeing. Now surrounded by the seven brothers, they all took out their fury onto the demon, brutally torturing it until there was absolutely nothing left.

Barbatos and Diavolo remained with MC, now seeing the life return to her being. Barbatos grabbed her hand and held her wrist, checking her pulse.

"She's returning to normal," he said to Diavolo.

...

MC's POV
I slowly opened my eyes, seeing nothing but darkness. Where am I? I turned my head to the side, seeing some candles around the room...and seeing the brothers all laying on the ground, covered in blankets.

"You're awake."

I looked at the now open door and saw Lucifer standing there with another candle. I sat up and watched as he walked around his brothers, getting to me. He placed the candle on the table beside the bed and asked me, "How do you feel?"

"Better." I looked down at my hands, recalling what happened. "I didn't expect this to happen. I'm sorry."

"What're you apologizing for? None of this was your fault."

He reached out and held my hand in an attempt to comfort me. I held his gloved hands back, then turned to face him.

"I remember everything...and I need to make a promise to you and the others. I promise I'll never forget you or anyone here in the Devildom again. I'll contact you all as much as possible. I'll talk with Diavolo and negotiate when I can come and visit. I'll—"

He suddenly reached for and held the bottom of my chin with his left hand and pulled me in, connecting our lips in a tender kiss. I closed my eyes and let out a gentle sigh as soon as our lips connected.

Alternative: He suddenly pulled me towards him, holding me in a warm embrace. I closed my eyes, hearing him let out a soft sigh in relief.

Moments later, he pulled away, then held the side of my face [and rested his forehead against mine.]

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that."

I reached for his hand which lay on my face and thought, "You've said those exact words to me before...the day before I left the Devildom."

"You should get some rest. It's been a long day." With that, he pulled away, let go, and got up. He reached for and grabbed the candle he brought with him. He faced me once more, then gently placed small kiss on my forehead before carefully walking around his brothers again, making for the exit.

Once he was gone, I let out a long sigh, then looked down at the brothers sprawled around the floor.

They all have been there for me...and I want to show my gratitude.