Chapter 13: Asmodeus - Let Me Pamper You

The next morning...

As I slowly felt myself start to wake up, I felt something brush against the side of my face. I carefully opened my eyes, seeing Asmodeus next to me, gently caressing my face. When he noticed I was awake, he smiled brightly at me.

"Good morning MC~."

I softly smiled at him. "Good morning."

He pulled his hand away and I gently stretched in place, feeling surprisingly relaxed after just waking up.

"How did you sleep?"

I sat up and said, "I'm strangely refreshed this morning. I expected to be sore and stiff, but I feel pretty normal."

He smiled at me innocently, then said, "You have this to thank." He handed me a medium-sized candle and on the label, it had a short list of the different potions infused in it that help with the healing process for demons, celestial beings, and humans as they sleep. Interesting.

I set the candle down on my nightstand, then looked around my room and asked, "Where is everyone?"

"They all went to the Demon Lord's castle. Diavolo wanted a full report of the incident last night from us," he answered.

"What about you? Shouldn't you have gone with your brothers?"

He got closer to me and suddenly started pinching my cheeks. "You're so cute when you worry about others~." He let go of my face and continued, "I was able to convince everyone that you would be the safest in my care."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really...the Avatar of Lust...the safest demon? I'm finding that hard to believe."

He smiled innocently, then got up from my bed and finally said, "Alright, I may have played some mental gymnastics with my brothers to stay with you." That sounds more believable.

"Anyways, I have a few things prepared to help you feel calm and relaxed."

"Like what?"

He grinned at me, then got up and said, "It's a surprise~. Are you up to it?" Something about the eagerness in his voice makes me feel a little uneasy.

I hesitantly shook my head, then gently pushed my blanket off me and sat on the side of my bed. He came up to and stood in front of me, offering me a hand. I reached for and held his hand and he helped me up.

Once I was on my two feet, he held me closely to him, then said, "First stop: the bathroom." He held me closely and we slowly walked to my bathroom.

When we were inside, he made me stand in front of the mirror, then stepped behind me, not giving me much personal space. He leaned forward, making me lean as well, and reached for my toothbrush and toothpaste.

He handed me the items, then finally gave me some space and said, "I'll be right back." Asmo suddenly bolted out of the bathroom, not saying another word. What does he have planned?

Looking down at the items in my hands, I decided to begin with my morning routine.

...

After I brushed my teeth, I heard the door open. Asmo had a basket filled with a variety of creams and candles among other beauty supplies.

He placed the big basket on the counter, then said,

"Today, I will be pampering you~."

I stared at the basket, overwhelmed with the amount of materials inside it.

Before I could protest, he stood behind me again, then leaned close and whispered into my ear and asked, "Can I touch your hair?" His breath on my skin sent a slight shiver throughout my body. I contemplated it for a few moments, then finally said, "Yes but...be careful."