02.

Dylan ran down the staircase with her school bag on her back, her skateboard in her hands and her camera around her neck. She grabbed a piece of toast that sat on a plate in the middle of the dining table. Benjamin was in his usual seat at the head of the table with a cup of coffee and the newspaper. Kayla was sitting beside Austin eating a plate of bacon and toast. Lucinda was by the kitchen counter, making Kayla's lunch for school.

    "See you later," Dylan said, shoving the toast into her mouth. Lucinda, fussing in the kitchen, doing multiple things at once, came around and kissed her on the cheek, forcing Dylan to pull a disgusted face. Elijah headed into the kitchen to grab some food then followed Charlie out the front door.

    Dylan was on her way out the door when Benjamin's voice pulled her back. "Don't forget to stop by the shop after school."

    "Will do," Dylan said before heading out the door. She was heading for the road when Charlie called her back to get in his car. She said she was going to ride to school but he told her no and told her to get in his car. She groaned and hopped into the back seat of his car, not wanting to argue about it. Elijah sat in the passenger seat and Charlie in the front.

    Charlie drove his two younger siblings to Beacon Hills High School. Once Charlie parked in the car park, she hopped out of his car and rode her skateboard down the pathway. She headed into the building and straight for her locker. She grabbed out a textbook when she heard the door of the school open and the halls suddenly get very quiet.

    She followed the gaze of the cohort. They landed on two girls standing awkwardly by the door. A brunette with a pale white complexion - kinda like snow white - and her strawberry blonde best friend. The name's were Allison Argent and Lydia Martin. Dylan knew of them but she wasn't friends with them.

    Recently, Lydia had been hospitalised after the school dance last semester. While in the hospital, they say she had a freak-attack and left the hospital. She spent two days wandering the woods completely naked. It was why everyone was staring at her. Called her the "town wack-job." Lydia glanced around at the gazing eyes then brushed it off after Allison whispered something to her, flicking her hair and walking off. Her best friend close behind her.

    Dylan closed her locker and turned around only for a shoulder to bump into hers. The girl turned around. "Oh. Sorry," sarcastically apologised Dylan's long-time bully, Tina Whittemore, twin sister of the school's popular boy Jackson Whittemore. Beside her were her two minions Emily and Rebecca.

    "Morning, Tina," Dylan said, coldly. "Emily, Rebecca."

    "Good morning, Dylan," Tina responded, half genuine. She and her minions laughed to themselves as they walked off. Dylan rolled her eyes as she skated down the hallway. Almost as soon as she put it down, she raised it off the ground when the principal scoured the halls.

    "Cohen," he said. "Want to keep that skateboard?"

    "Yes, sir."

    "Then keep it off the ground."

    She hummed in response, raising it up in the air. "You got it, sir." The principal nodded, looking the other way. Once Dylan turned down the hall away from him, she began riding her skateboard once more.

    She headed out to the lacrosse field to watch the boys train and take some photos. She sat on the bleachers, dropped her backpack beside her. Coach Finstock was directing the boys on the field, including her brother, Elijah. A few of the other boys were on the bench. Dylan raised her camera, adjusting the focus and snapped a photo. She looked to her right and saw the girls cheerleading squad in their short shorts and puffy pom-poms. Tina, cheer co-captain, directing the squad.