13.

"Have a nice day," Dylan monotoned as she handed the customer his change. Then he left the store.

    After figuring out that Lydia was, in fact, not the Kanima, Derek immediately rushed off to find it and figure out who was. Scott and Stiles left right after. Allison took Lydia home and Boyd and Dylan carried unconscious Isaac and paralysed Erica back to the car and to the warehouse. Their healing abilities kicked in and soon Isaac was conscious and Erica was regaining feeling. Once they arrived back at the warehouse, almost immediately, she received a call from Benjamin telling her that she needed to come home, right this second! And so she did.

    She skated back to hers where Benjamin and Lucinda were waiting for her on the couch. Everyone else had either gone to bed or were forced to go to bed. Then Benjamin and Lucinda had a talk with her. You are grounded for a month, Benjamin had told her. No phone, no tv. While on your suspension, you are to work in the store, catch up on all the homework you need and Mr Argent got you a tutor. And no friends! No Kasey, those new kids you befriended at school. None of them.

    Why didn't you tell us you were failing school? Lucinda asked her. She didn't have an answer for her, she just shrugged. Lucinda and Benjamin had never gotten so mad at her before. Even after bailing her out from the Sheriff's station, more than once. She'd especially never been grounded before. Benjamin and Lucinda sent her to her room without dinner. However, she didn't mind. She felt like she deserved it, anyways. Besides, she wasn't going to eat.

    She had been up since seven that morning working in the store. Since being suspended and grounded, she couldn't do anything. Charlie had heard she was grounded and the biggest smile crossed his face. He had been waiting for the day she finally got what she deserved. It had finally arrived and he couldn't be happier. Since she had no phone, she wasn't able to contact Erica or anyone to see if Derek had captured and/or killed the Kanima or at least figured out who it was. She couldn't be kept in the loop. And she hated that. She couldn't even contact Kasey and the others. She felt like she hadn't seen them in ages. She hoped they were doing okay.

    It was currently 11:32 A.M, the store opened at eight, they arrived at 7:30 A.M to prepare the store before opening. Because Dylan was working in the store for a few days, it allowed Lucinda to stay home with Austin. Everyone else was at school. Benjamin had walked out of the storage room with a box of new items. He handed them to Dylan and asked if she could stock them on the shelves. She took the box from his arms and moved off to stock the items.

    While she was restocking the shelves, someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and saw Boyd. She quickly flicked her head around to see where her dad was. He was attending to a customer on the front counter, out of eye sight. She turned her attention back to Boyd.

    "What are you doing here? If my dad catches you, you're dead."

    "I wanted to see my best friend. See how you're doing." She smiled. Ever since Derek turned her and Boyd, the two had gotten very close. It was safe to say she now had a very close friend her own age.

    "I'm okay," she responded. "Ben took my phone. And because I was suspended, he grounded me. I'm forced to work here until my suspension is over. He's keeping a very close eye on me now."

    "That sucks," Boyd said. "Hope things get better for you."

    "Thanks. But honestly," she exhaled deeply, "I think I need this."

    "What do you mean?"

    "I mean, ever since Ben and Lucinda adopted me, I've made their lives a living hell. It was like that with all of my foster homes. I sabotaged every single one of them. I don't even know why. Maybe it's daddy issues. Who knows?" She sighed. "But I've realised now that everything I've been doing has been for attention; constantly getting arrested, my bad choice in friends." She saw the look on Boyd's face, "oh, not you. Definitely not you." Boyd chuckled.