07.

Dylan woke, a strange wooziness feeling in her head. She opened her eyes but immediately shut them when light pierced her eyes. One hand moved to her head. The other pushing herself up, a crunch sound under her hand. Her eyes completely opened. Her hand rested firmly on top of a leaf. She lifted her hand and stared at the dirt spread across her forearm and on her palms and in her nails. Dylan felt weak, falling but catching herself on a tree. She looked at the arm that rested on the tree. Claw marks and dried blood tracing up her arm. Her eyes followed up to her shoulder and that's when she realised; she wasn't wearing clothes.

    Dylan looked around her. She was somewhere in the middle of the Beacon Hills preserve. Somewhere... She looked down at herself; completely naked. What happened to her clothes? She could hardly remember what happened. She remembered Kasey locking her in the freezer. The effects of the moon weighed heavily on her as the night went on. But that was it. Beside fighting the urge to maim and kill someone by scratching the floors and walls of Isaac's freezer, she didn't remember how she ended up in the woods or why she had no clothes on.

    Dylan lifted herself off the ground and began walking. Her limbs hurt when she walked. Each step was as painful as the last but she couldn't stop. She needed to keep walking. Walk to the place where she felt safe. Although, after last night's reveal, she was scared.

    The leaves and sticks crunched and snapped under her bare feet. Dirt covered her bare limbs. Blood and claw marks tracing up and down her body. But it wasn't someone else's blood, it was just hers. It wasn't enough to be anyone else's. Besides, the scratch marks on her arms and legs showed it was her blood. Which relaxed her somewhat. At least her first lonesome full moon didn't result in her hurting anyone.

    She knew she was closing in on her destination because she could hear the voices. She arrived at the abandoned train tracks, hearing the laughter of Tyler and Kasey and the clang's of Christopher's exercise bar. Dylan's entire body was trembling. Both scared of her amnesia from last night and fear of seeing Kasey after revealing her new self. Did she tell Tyler and Christopher? Would they still love her? Treat her life family?

    Dylan made her way to the cart when the laughter died down. "Dylan?" asked Kasey. Tyler turned around from his spot in the cart and Christopher stopped his exercise. They all stared at the shivering, bruised, naked young lady in front of them. Kasey got up straight away, removing her jacket and putting it around Dylan. Tyler jumped down from the cart, not moving, and Christopher jumped down from the bar, also not moving. Both just staring. Dylan's eyes were glued on the ground.

    Kasey put an arm around Dylan and directed her elsewhere away from the boys. They sat in the rundown station in the corner of the main room. Kasey handed her a glass of water. Dylan thanked her and took small sips. Kasey sat in front of her. Dylan didn't know what to say. She hoped Kasey didn't hate her.

    "What are you?" she asked, barely a whisper.

    Dylan took another sip before answering. "I'm a werewolf." Kasey's mouth was agape. "Did you tell the boys?"

    Kasey shook her head, unable to spit any words. She didn't speak for several minutes. "How... What..." Kasey stammered for a single word. But she knew what she wanted to say.

    "It's a really long story, Kase." Kasey looked at her, Dylan still staring at the condensation on her glass of ice cold water. She liked the way it felt on her warm hands. "I won't hurt you," she said, finally returning her gaze. "I hope you know that."

    "I do. I do," she responded almost instantly.

    "I shouldn't have called you." Her eyes fell to the floor. "It was stupid - calling you. But I didn't know what else to do." Tears blurred the young girl's sparkling blue eyes. "I understand if you hate me now. Or if you're afraid of me now."