16.

Three o'clock rolled around, Dylan, Boyd, Scott, Stiles, Allison, Jackson and Matt all made their way to the library for detention, which she found utterly ridiculous since she didn't even do anything, except try and help. But poor Boyd, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

    Dylan and Boyd sat together at a table across from Stiles and Scott. Jackson sat at a separate table across from Matt and Allison. "We can't be in detention together," Jackson said as he sat down. "I have a restraining order against these tools."

    "All of these tools?" Mr Harris asked.

    "No, just us tools," Stiles answered, gesturing between himself and Scott.

    Mr Harris rubbed his forehead. "Fine," he sighed. He pointed at Scott and Stiles, "you two, here," he pointed to the furthest table in the library. Scott and Stiles stood and moved over. Dylan leaned back in her seat and pulled out her science textbook.

    "Are you... studying?" Boyd asked her.

    She nodded, "got a makeup exam coming up." Dylan was reading through her science textbook, which wasn't as bad as it usually was, but still she was thinking about Jackson and what Stiles had said to her. She didn't want to admit it, but he was right. There was a time where Dylan would've jumped right on the murder-Jackson-train but, and even after careful consideration and deep thinking she realised that even someone as soulless as Jackson Whittemore deserved a second chance. Maybe.

    Almost half an hour into the detention and Jackson had gotten up and left. He was groaning in pain from his seat, looking pale, saying that he needed to go to the bathroom. "Are you all right?" asked Mr. Harris as he stood, watching as Jackson passed him.

    "I just need some water," Jackson mumbled before clearing the library. Everyone watched in confusion as the door slammed shut behind him.

    Mr. Harris had stood and made his way to the kids, "No one leaves their seats." And then he left. Dylan shrugged it off, turning back around in her seat and reading her textbook when Scott and Stiles jumped from their seats and headed over to Dylan and Boyd's table, sitting across from them once more.

    "Stiles says you know how Jackson's parents died," Scott said the minute he sat down.

    "Maybe," she responded, still reading.

    "So... tell us."

    "Why should I?" she asked, still gazing down at her textbook. "Last I recall, we're not really on the same time. In fact," she looked up and faced Scott, looking into his eyes, "I'm pretty sure we're the villains." She looked at Boyd. "Aren't we?" He had a grin on his face.

    "Well, you aren't exactly the good guys," Stiles said, "if you're threatening to kill someone." Dylan just rolled her eyes.

    "We all want the same thing," Scott said, making Dylan look at him. "We want to stop Jackson from killing anyone else. So, tell us."

    Dylan sighed, closing her textbook and placing it in front of her. She looked at Boyd before speaking. "It was a car accident," she said. "They were barely alive when they got to the hospital."

    "Wait, how do you even know all this?" Stiles asked with furrowed brows. "No one else knows about his birth parents."

    "Because I hate the twins," she simply told them. Boyd sat there silently. "They were always making fun of me for being adopted; that my mum died and my dad left. So, I hacked - well, I got my friend to hack the hospital computers and found his parents hospital certificate. Then I found the insurance investigator file. Jackson and Tina are supposed to be getting some huge settlement when they turn eighteen."