05.

After Derek sunk his long and sharp werewolf fangs into Dylan's forearm, he told her to stay put in the abandoned warehouse just in case the "bite didn't take" and she "died." Something he probably should have warned her about before chomping on her arm like it was a big juice bone.

    Besides, she didn't even want to go home. Not after she received a text from Charlie saying: You robbed Lisa's family?! What the hell is wrong with you?

    Derek left twenty minutes ago. Said he had "other business to attend to." She didn't question it. She didn't feel any different. She looked at her arm; the wound from Derek's teeth still showed with blood surrounding it. He told her if it worked, it would heal. And if it didn't, she'd start regurgitating black blood then eventually die. However, she didn't mind either way. Either she'd live and gain an extreme amount of power or she'd die and not have to live another minute in the world. Either-or, she would be happy.

    A few minutes later, she received a text from Lucinda asking where she was. She realised how late it was. She had to get home. Even though she didn't necessarily want to. She sighed and pushed herself off the ground, grabbing her stuff, and that was when the door opened. Derek stared at the young girl with her bag on her back heading for the door.

    "Where do you think you're going?" he asked, placing his hands on his hips.

    "Home. Lucinda's getting worried," she replied.

    "I don't know who that is and I don't care," he said, coldly. "You need to stay here in case the bite doesn't take."

    "Look, I'll be back tomorrow. And if I die, you'll be the first I haunt. Got it?" Derek wasn't happy. But when was he? She smiled at him before she left the building.

    She was riding down the streets when thunder boomed overhead. It was going to rain. She decided to go the back way down an alleyway to get to her house faster. She was riding down when her body collided with another. She fell off her skateboard and the other body off the bike they were riding.

    "God sake," Dylan exclaimed, landing in a puddle. She rubbed her head and stood up, grabbing her skateboard. "Sorry about that." She looked at the boy as he brushed at his clothes. "Again, apparently." The boy standing before her was none other than Isaac Lahey, the same person she had bumped into the other day at school. "We really gotta stop running into each other like this," she laughed. But Isaac wasn't having it. He looked distressed, turning every which way to look around him. "Are you okay?"

    "Isaac!" shouted the voice of an older man. "Isaac, where the hell are you?" He sounded angry.

    Isaac didn't respond. He dropped his bike and grabbed Dylan's hand. She yelped as he pulled her away. A car pulled up at the end of the alleyway. The engine shut off. "Isaac," the man called out. Isaac pulled Dylan closer to his chest, hiding behind a wall, with his hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. Not that she'd speak.

    The man kept calling out for Isaac. She assumed it was his father. But she didn't know why he was hiding from him. Isaac's breathing was heavy and she could hear his heart beating fast. She wasn't sure whether it was because she was right by his chest or if the bite was turning her and the super hearing sense kicked in. But either way she was hearing it and it was super fast and very panicky.

    The man was walking down the alleyway, closer to their position. But Isaac wasn't budging. Out from the shadow and the fog, Dylan saw a figure. She couldn't make out what the figure was. It was too dark to see anything.

    The man clapped his hands, "All right, Isaac. That's enough." Still, Isaac didn't move. "Isaac, let's go." Dylan glanced up at the young boy, his eyes squeezed shut. She even spotted a tear trickling down his cheek. And that's when it clicked; she knew the signs - the signs of abuse. She felt a sudden pain of heartache for the boy. No one should ever have to live with that kind of pain.