15.

The next four days for Dylan were spent working at the warehouse store, babysitting Austin and taking Pepsi on walks, tutoring with Julia Vanbeak which actually helped her a lot. She was getting better and had a makeup exam coming up in a few days. And developing photos. Lucinda and Benjamin were surprised at the girl's sudden change in behaviour. Elijah was happy that she was changing her ways but Charlie remained grumpy. It didn't help that Dylan asked if she could change her name to Hawke.

    Really, sweetie? You want that? Lucinda asked her. I do. Lucinda was happy. Dylan wanted to change her last name from Cohen to Hawke because after her conversation with Boyd she finally felt like she was a part of her adopted family and no longer stuck in the past of her father and mother. Lucinda was going to make it happen but Benjamin suggested that they wait. Why? Dylan asked. Just... in case you change your mind later, he told her. But I won't. I want to do this, Ben. I really do. But he still stuck to his answer of waiting. So, Dylan was still Dylan Cohen. But she wanted people to start calling her Dylan Hawke, so she could get used to it. But, Charlie still would never.

    Upon being ungrounded and unsuspended, she received her phone back and was no longer under house arrest. She was allowed to see her friends again but always had to be home before sunset and ensure all of her school work was completed. She happily obliged. She gave them a kiss on the cheek before she left the house and, for the first time in a few days, headed down to see her friends. She hadn't been kept in the loop for the past four days about the Kanima and what it had been doing. So she skated down to the warehouse where Derek, Erica, Boyd and Isaac were, discussing said matters.

    "So, why do we need their help?" she heard Isaac say to Derek as himself, Derek and Erica were walking out of the train cart. Boyd was sitting on the floor against the outside of the cart. They didn't notice Dylan walking down the stairs.

    "Because it's harder to kill than I thought," Derek responded. He was still on the kill-the-kanima train. Dylan was all aboard on the kill-the-Kanima train but since she was trying to change, she thought maybe it best not to kill it. But if it tried to kill her, she was going to kill it. "I still don't know who it is."

    "And they do?" asked Isaac.

    "They might." Dylan leaned her skateboard up against the stair railing as the three exited the cart, making their way over to a chest, Derek spotted Dylan. "Dylan. Glad to see you're not dead."

    "Thanks," she sarcastically smiled. "So what's going on?" She nodded, making her way beside Erica.

    "Derek here was just telling us that we basically have to befriend Scott and Stiles to get closer to figuring out who the Kanima is and how to kill it," explained Isaac.

    Derek shot Isaac a mocking look. "Well, that's easy." Everyone looked at her confusingly. "Trying to find a needle in the haystack is easy, just burn the hay."

    "What does that mean?" asked Derek.

    "The kanima; what is it?" When no one answered, Dylan continued, "It's a shapeshifter, right? It doesn't know who it is or what it is. The Kanima seeks revenge. So, all we need to figure out is who are the people that the Kanima is attacking. And figure out why it hates water. That is obviously a key component. To find it, you burn it."

    Everyone stood bemused by the girl's sudden advanced knowledge of the Kanima. "How do you know so much about it?" Isaac asked.

    "I was under house arrest for four days, I was bored."

    Isaac nodded, then brushed it off and moved on. "You know the full moon is coming up, Derek, right?"

    Derek looked up from the chest he was searching through, annoyance washing his face. "Yes, I am aware of that."