CHAPTER 28 - SECRETS -

TW

CHAPTER 28 -

ROSELYN.

I opened my eyes and I was immediately wide awake due to the pain in my body.
Effortful, I sat up and then realized, I had been sleeping on the floor.
My body was cold and shivering.
I saw dried blood on the floor, which must've been mine.

With clenched teeth, I stood up.
My legs felt shaky.
Limping, I walked into my bathroom.
Carefully, I got rid of my clothes and stepped inside the shower.
The warm water didn't do my body too good. My wounds were burning.

With narrowed eyes, I got out of the shower again with my body and hair wet.
I wrapped a big towel around my body and looked inside the mirror.
In front of me, I saw a broken, hurt and damaged girl.
My face was covered in bruises.
One from the slap on my cheek and the other one was near my eye from his fist.
The look of that, made me tear up.

I walked back inside my room and looked for clothes to wear. I put on some basic, white underwear and then some joggers and a tight shirt.

My hair was still wet and I didn't feel like styling it, so I just left it like this.
I walked to my bed, where my phone was laying.
For the first time, since yesterday, I checked my messages.

Gaby: 

• Hey, sweetie. Where are you? •

• Are you sick? •

Erling:

• Hey, where are you? •

• You alright? •

How long have I been sleeping?
I checked the time and noticed it was 11:30 am already.
I missed school.
Damn it.
I took my phone and walked downstairs.
From the living room, I could hear Brody snoring.
Relived about him sleeping, I took a deep breath, when suddenly, I heard motorcycle sounds getting close to the house.
Not thinking too much of it, I tried ignoring it.
But, then, the sounds stopped in front of the house and the engine was turned off.
Oh my god.
No, no, no.

Quickly, but still quietly, so I wouldn't wake Brody up, I walked to the front door and opened it a little, to glance outside.
Erling already had reached my veranda and was standing in front of me now.
My hair was falling into my face, which hopefully would cover up my bruises.
"Erling - What are you doing here?" I asked, nervously.
I let my wet hair fall into my face, so Erling wouldn't see my bruises.