CHAPTER 37 - COMFORT WITHIN -

TW

CHAPTER 37

*

Erling and I walked inside the building. While making our way to my locker I noticed Erling's eyes on me.
I knew he was in thoughts. Probably in thoughts about the situation earlier.
I was in thoughts too but it wasn't new to me to see Brody every day and to be reminded of the pain he had caused me.

Inwardly, sighing, I opened my locker and grabbed my Spanish book out of it.
Erling stood by me and waited for me to be ready to go to our classroom.
I closed my locker and started walking to the classroom with Erling.
When we arrived we sat down at our table.
I was uneasy.
Erling seem to notice that because he gently grabbed my hand, placed it on his lap and held it tightly.
I couldn't help but smile at him.
He always knew what to do to make me feel better.
He's always been by my side even though I probably didn't deserve it.

*

Once school was over, I felt uneasy again.
I didn't want to go home - I didn't want to run into Brody.
Erling and I walked out of the building.
He headed towards the parking lot, but I stopped.
"What's wrong?" He asked and turned around to me.
"Don't you have training or something?", I asked.
He hesitated. "Yeah, but I'll skip it."

"Why?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.
"Rose ...-"

"Because of me? Because you don't want to leave me all by myself?" I swallowed.
She shouldn't have to stop doing what he loves to do.
"Rose, I wanna be around you. So, I don't care about training."

"I don't want you to limit yourself because of me."

"I'm not." He said and took a step towards me until he stopped right in front of me. "I wanna spend time with you. Not go to training or anything."

I bit my lip, thinking. "But, what if you go to training and I'll just come along? I'll sit on the bleachers and read."

"I don't want you to be bored ...-"

"I won't. I love to read." I answered. "And whenever I'm with you I feel comfortable enough to just let all my thoughts go and enjoy reading."
Erling has a soft smile on his face.
"You sure?"

I nodded, quickly.
"Okay.", he mumbles and then starts walking with me to the football field.

Once we arrive there, I sit down on the bleachers and grab my book from my bag.
"I'll go change.", he said and leaned down to kiss my cheek quickly, but softly. "Be back in 5 minutes, okay?"
I nodded, softly smiling.
I opened my book and started reading.

Sitting here on this bench, watching Erling play football just felt like everything was whole and alright in my little world.
It was like, I could forget that I'd have to go home eventually. Home to this monster.
I looked at the field and watched Erling play.