Chapter 4

Arinya settled down on the couch in the living room still on her phone as Kavin walked in and sat on the single couch thinking about stuff. After 10 minutes finally the rest of them entered and sat on the couch.

Arinya finally noticed and suddenly spoke up.
Arinya: So....I'm sharing a room with gorya, right?
She said looking at Gorya who was sitting in front of her, Gorya on the other hand was having an eye conversation with Thyme who was looking at her pleadingly. Arinya who noticed this exchange suddenly cleared her throat snapping Gorya out as she passed the Jarustiwa girl an awkward smile.

Arinya: I'm taking the room upstairs, P'MJ if anything just call me, I'll be in my room. I'm kind of tired.
Kavin who was looking at the girl huffed a little mumbling.
Kavin: I should be the one tired, handling her rude self.
Arinya who was passing by him heard him rolling her eyes at the boy before heading upstairs.

Arinya freshened up and decided to take a nap feeling sleepy. After a couple of hours she finally woke up as their was a knock on her room door.
Arinya: Who is it?
The door opened and in peeked Ren saying.
Ren: I'm sorry to disturb, but MJ asked you to come down for dinner.
Arinya: Oh, it's fine.......tell Phi I'll be their in 10 minutes.
Ren: Okay nong!
He said as he closed the door behind him, Arinya got out of her bed and went to the bathroom to wash her face, as she checked herself in the mirror before heading down stairs.

They had dinner the group of friends chatting and bickering, Arinya on the other hand was eating her dinner quietly. She finished her dinner, puts her plate in the sink and was about to head upstairs but Gorya stopped her.
Gorya: Arinya! Why don't you join us, we are going to have a bonfire in the backyard.
MJ: Yeah sis you should join us.

Arinya thought for a few seconds before agreeing to the idea. All of them now have finished the dinner and were sitting in a circle around the bonfire.
Kavin: Thyme! You should sing!
Thyme: Nope, not happening!
MJ: Oh come on! You are a pretty decent singer!
Ren: Come on thyme!
Gorya: Yesss......thyme come on please!
Thyme: Fine! But you guys have to sing with me.

Thyme took the lead as the rest of them joined him slowly, Arinya just stared at the group of friends, if only the members didn't make mistakes in the past she could see herself being friends with them. But her thinking of people can never change came in between.

I Have Everything That They Desire
I Am Surrounded By Those Who Admire

Who Can Ever See What Lies Inside
The Other Person I Try To Hide
Someone Vulnerable With Heart That Trembles
This Is Me, This Is Me
So Alone It Hurts No Escape
So Much I Suppress, Who Can Relate?

If You Could See Inside My Heart
Look Past A Beautiful Facade
Who Am I, Who Am I?
I Am Not That Guy
Underneath A Dream-Like Mirage
You’ll Find A Heart Full Of Scars
Hold Me Tight, Hold Me Right
Look Deep Inside
Who Am I?
Who Am I?

Something else drove Arinya's attention, Kavin. For some reason it looked like Kavin was feeling the lyrics of the song as he was singing. She could see the hint of sadness in his eyes. She couldn't help but wonder why he was being like that. The bonfire ended on a happy note as MJ took it up on himself to brighten the mood also snapping her out of her thoughts.

All of them, then headed to their respective room to sleep. Kavin was feeling a bit low so he decided to get some fresh air and went to the balcony cum rooftop. He noticed their were two doors but decided to ignore it as he looked around enjoying the sky that looked really pretty with a moon and few stars occasionally shining brightly.

Arinya on the, othe hand couldn't really sleep. She was still thinking about Kavin and why he looked like he felt the lyrics so deep. In her head she was like 'Why did Kavin seem so sad when he was singing, I could hear the sadness in his voice. Even the lyrics- ugh! Why am I thinking about it, Arinya snap out of it!'

The Jarustiwa girl was about to fall asleep as she was drowsy for a while now but a scream made her wide awake again. She left was super annoyed and started walking towards the balcony where she heard the scream from. She looked around only to find a certain someone standing in the corner looking terrified.

She looked at a certain Taemiyaklin boy annoyed as she asked him why did he scream through her eyes. Kavin just pointed at something, the girl looked in the direction only to find a spider. Arinya glared at him slightly before turning towards it killing it and then towards Kavin motioning him to leave as she walked in her room extremely sleepy.

Kavin was walking down when he met MJ on the staircase, it looked like he was going up the stairs.
MJ: Oh it's you! I thought who was screaming so loud at night, you okay mung?
Kavin: Ahh.....yeah! I just saw a spider.
MJ: Ahh.....okay! Now go to bed it's getting late, Goodnight!
Kavin: Good night mung!
Saying that both the boys walked onto their respective rooms and fell fast asleep.

The next day Arinya woke up did her morning routine and went down stairs only to find the group of friends sitting and discussing about what to have for breakfast.
Arinya: I'll have waffles!!
Kavin: I would like avocado toast!
Gorya: Guyss!! Let's just settle on one thing we don't want to trouble Aunty Phan (the caretaker of the house) too much.
Arinya: Okay then, waffles it is! It's my house sooo I'll decide!
Kavin: But, I want to have avocado toast and I'm your guest you should treat me nicely!
Arinya: I don't treat guest like you nicely!
Kavin: Hey! What do you-
MJ: Okay! That's enough! We are having pancakes for breakfast and I don't need any more discussion on this topic. You both understand?
Arinya and Kavin both glared at each other before saying.
Arinya/ Kavin: Yes phi/Yeah!

All of them then had breakfast and decided to go roam around a bit and have a little picnic, Arinya refused as she didn't feel like going. She just took out her art supplies and started painting.

Kavin was the last person to head out of the house as he was walking out of the house he didn't notice the water on the floor and slipped as he fell on the cold hard floor. He let out a small scream in pain, startling Arinya a little.
Kavin: Can't you see I'm hurt atleast help me stand up.
Arinya just looked at him before going back to her drawing.

MJ who walked in looking for Kavin saw him on the floor helped him stand up and sit on the couch. He examined Kavin's feet making him groan a little.
MJ: That looks like a sprain, Aunty Phan can you give him an ice pack. And you rest a little. Do you want me to stay with you?
Kavin: Nah! Just go, I can take care of myself!
MJ: You sure mung?
Kavin: Yup! Now head out.
Though skeptical MJ left in hopes that his sister would interact with his friend.

Both of them in the living room minding their own business, as kavin had kept an ice pack to help himself with the sprain.
After a while Kavin starts humming a familiar melody making Arinya glance at him. Her thoughts were back wondering why the boy looked down when he sings the song.

Arinya was now frustrated as she was trying to focus on her drawing but her thoughts were going back to Kavin. At the end she just stood up and made her way towards her room with her art supplies. Kavin on the other hand just stared at her disappearing figure confused.

End of chapter 4

Hope you enjoy the chapter! If any mistakes please let me know. Happy reading!