Lighten Up

Clay woke up early the next morning, Brump still sleeping.  Without Wyre or Brump, the island was lonely, the only noise to comfort him was the ambience of the electricity crackling.  Clay quickly got up, grabbed himself a piece of toast from Wyres backpack, a little stick, and left the lab. 
     He walked onto one on the platforms and sat down.  He hummed himself a little tune while he scratched 'w.b + g.v' onto a small crevice in the floor.  He finishes and stares at the message, waiting for something, anything.  Clay sighs heavily and feels his eyes water up.   He hears the teleporter warp and Wyres thumping footsteps coming towards him, which makes him quickly scratch out the letters and get up to greet him.
     "Hey man! What's up!"  Clay smiles, hoping he hid the sadness in his face well enough.
     "Hey Big C, uh."  Wyre looks past him, seeing the stick and bread on the stage.  "What were you doing over there?"
      Clay looks behind him, his mask slipping for just a second.  "Oh!"  He softly laughs.  "I-I wasn't doing anything, I-I'm ok." 
     Wyre looked at him, obviously aware of why he was upset.  "Look, I can tell your upset, you don't need to tell me, why don't we go make another Wublin so you can lighten up?" 
     Clay made a small grunt, and started walking towards the lab.  Lighten up.

     Wyre woke up Brump while Clay designed a Wublin.  He decided on a design of a fly with a body that glows, like a light bulb, or like the crystals on a T-Rox.  Wait, how would it sing?  Clay sat there, thinking of different kinds of instruments.  Guitar?  No.  Drum kit?  Wouldn't make sense.  After a few minutes of pondering, he walked up to where Wyre was playing with Brump to ask him for help.
     "Hey Wy, could I get some help on this Wublin over here?"  Clay fiddled with his fingers.
     Wyre nodded and walked over to the workspace and looked over the design.
     "So, I can't really figure out an instrument that could wo-"
     "Synth."  Wyre immediately looked up at Clay and restated his answer.  "It could be a synth, the name could be based off of that, maybe Zynth?"  Wyre shrugged his shoulders.
     "Not very creative of a name, but sure."
     Wyre went out to get some more eggs for Zynth while Clay shaped out the statue. 
     A good amount of hours and a bag of bread later, the Wublin was ready to be woken up.  The electrical energy this time felt more harsh and was brighter.  Clay carefully grabbed the mini storm and placed it inside of the statue.
     The blast was less impactful as the one for Brump, but it still did slightly knock them back.  Clay uncovered his eyes, and saw the newly born Zynth.  They soon started humming, like a fly from the humans world.
     Brump ran over, climbed up on the table, and greeted Zynth.  They seemed surprised at the immediate attention.  Wyre grabbed Brump from the table. 
     "Brump, let's not scare your new sibling, ok?"  Brump smiled at him, but didn't answer.
     "Alright."  Clay bent over just a little bit, enough for him to be eye-to-eye to the light fly.  "Hi Zynth!  I'm your new dad.  Ok?  I won't hurt you, neither will Brump."  He softly rubbed Zynths head.  He then placed down Brump.
     Zynth walked closer to Brump.  After standing there for a minute, they started lighting up and humming their little synth sounds.  After a few minutes of talking, they both started singing a cohesive song.
     "Wy!  You here that?  They're singing!  Wublin island is really starting!"  Clay's face lit up, brighter then any light monster could ever light up. 
     Wyre smiled.  "I'm glad you're feeling better now."