Faerietales

The sun had barely risen when Wyre woke up to the sound of warping.  He sat up and looked over at the the others.  Brump and Zynth had both slept on top of Clay for warmth in the cold, harsh night.  He slowly got up on his feet and walked outside of the lab.  The teleporter had been used, but by who?
     He looked around when he noticed the ice cold fog from a person's breath.  He knew immediately Winnie had come to visit.  But why?  He walked over to what he thought was the source.
     Wyre saw Winnie sitting down on the ground with a bag filled with... something, in their hands.
     Wyre hugged Winnie tightly.  "Winnie!  Glad to see you!"  His expression quickly changed from excited to confused.  "Why are you here?"
     "I, uh."  They cleared their throat.  "Maggpi told me the humans tell their offspring stories she called, uh, Faerie Tales?"
     "Like Faerie island?"  Wyre cocked his head sideways.
     "No.  A-atleast, she didn't say it was like Faerie island.  She said they're stories that are made up to entertain."  Winnie looked down into their bag, grabbing one of the items in it.  "I-I thought maybe Clay would like to have them for his new kid."  They handed Wyre over the book.
     It was heavy and thick.  The cover had something inscribed into it.  Fairytales?  Maybe it had been spelled wrong. 
     "What's in the rest of the bag?"  Wyre pointed at the ruffled bag.
     "O-Oh, this?"  They looked into the bag.  "It's just some dyed Woo-Woolabee wool sweaters and stuff f-for Air island.  I think I might've brought too many." 
     "Is it ok if we borrow some?"  Wyre put his hands on his hips. "It's been really cold, the kids have had to climb onto Clay to be comfortable."  He chuckled softly. 
     "Y-Yeah!  Let me just get some..."  They searched through the bag for a sweater that would (potentially) fit.  They hand him a few sweaters.  "Here y-you go.  Hope they fit." 
     Wyre grabs the sweaters.  "Thanks Winnie!"  Winnie gets up and walks over to the teleporter.  "Hope you travel safely to Air!"  Wyre smiles, Winnie smiles back.  In almost a second, they dissappear.
     Wyre walks back into the lab to wake up the others and tell them about what'd just happened.  He quietly opened the door to find Clay leaning against a wall, eating a donut and a cup of coffee.  The Wublins slept quietly next to him.
     "Oh hey, I thought you were sleeping?"  Wyre entered the little shack, closing the door quietly behind him. 
     Clay shook his head.  "Nah, I've been up for a good couple of minutes, your footsteps were too loud for me to sleep through."  Clay popped another donut into his mouth.
     "Ah shit, sorry about that.  Didn't mean to be that loud."  Wyre placed down the items in his hands onto the table next to him.
     "What's that stuff?"  Clay pointed at the large book and sweaters.
     "Oh!  Winnie came over and gave this to us."  Wyre picked up the book.  "They said that humans read stories from books like these to their children, and they wanted to give one to you along with the sweaters!"  Clay grabbed the book.
     "Fairytales, huh?  I think Tawkerr told me that these are usually based off of some scary things from the human realm, like death or whatever."  He opened up the book to a random page.  The picture on the paper depicted two small children walking to a house made of sweets.  "Hansel and Gretel?  Did I say that right?"  Clay grumbled under his breath, reading tidbits of some of the tales.  He scrolled through pages of little girls being chased by wolves, gingerbread men coming to life, a princess trapped by a monster who both fall in love with eachother, and many others.
     "These are... bizarre to say the least.  Are we even sure they would like it?"  He nodded towards the Wublins. 
     "They seem to be really popular with the humans, so I don't see a reason why not."  Wyre shrugged and grabbed an apple from the food bag.
     "Alright, we'll try these later."

     Both Brump and Zynth had woken up and were outside, playing a game of hide and seek.  Clay walked outside of the lab with the book in his hands and sat down near the middle platform. 
     "Zynth!  Brump!  I've got something for you guys!" 
     In an instant, they both started running towards him.  They sat down next to him, confused on what he was about to show them.
     "Your untie Winnie came over and gave you guys a book!  You guys choose a story and I'll read it."
     Brump and Zynth both pointed at a story named 'The Three Little Pigs"  Clay went on to read the story, going on about how the big bad wolf blew down the houses.  Zynth and Brump sat quietly the whole time, without a single little hum or wub heard. 
     "...and they all lived happily forever after.  That seems like that's the end of that story.  Did you guys like it?"  Clay closed the book, the pages slamming with eachother with a loud BANG!  sound.  They both started blabbering on about their favorite parts and why they liked it, it sounded like a English teachers dream.
     Wyre came from the other side of the island.  "What's all this talk about?"  Wyre looked up at Clay, then looked down at the book. 
     Wyre leaned in closer. "Did they like it?" 
     Clay nodded his head.  "Clearly!  They're going crazy over the story I read."
     Wyre sat in front of him and took the book from his arms.  He opened to an empty page, the tea stained pages crinkled in his hands.  He was about to turn the page when he saw something in the stains.
     "I think I see another Wublin in these stains, check it out."  Wyre showed Clay the page, outlining a shape. 
     "Hey, I see it too!"

     Of course, they went through the whole process.  Wyre took tons of eggs from other islands, Clay quickly shaped together a sculpture, and they put the eggs into the oven to zap.  A new Wublin had, once again, woken up.  The legs matched up the the buttons on its stage, the body was the perfect shade of blue, and the stages pipes were placed well enough to make the sound loud. 
     Clay sighed heavily.  "What're we gonna name them?"  He puts his hands on his hips.
     "I mean, it's poking the keys, what about Poke?  But spelt weird?  Maybe like Poewk?" 
     "Alright, Poewk the Faerie!"
     They introduced themselves, and set them free from the lab.  Zynth and Brump came running over, greeting the newest member of their family.