An Emu For A Bird

Poewk was lying down on his pad when Clay walked up behind them.
     "Hey kiddo, what're you doing? Aren't  you gonna play with the others?" He sat down, his legs crossed and his hands in his lap.
     Poewk shook their head, a little sigh escaping their mouth.
     Clay put his hand on their back. "What's wrong buddy, did one of your siblings say something mean?" He looked down at them in worry.
     Poewk shook their head again. They started talking about how they didn't really like the other Wublins, and how they wished they had a friend. (Of course, it just sounded like a bird tweeting to humans but pretend you understand.)
     "A new Wub? Yeah, if it makes you feel better, I can definitely make one! You can help me design it. Come on." Clay stuck his hand out of Poewk to grab. They grabbed and held on tightly as they walked over to the work table.
     "Alright, you just hold this." He placed them on the table and handed them a pencil. "You point the tip to the paper, press down, and then you can make a drawing." Clay carefully explained the steps, showing how to do each part. Poewk excitedly grabbed the pencil and doodled away. Clay watched as they made little changes to the plan, scratching out parts or drawing over them.

     "Are you finished?" He looked over the art. It was a white monster with a craned neck and a Yawstrich like build, or atleast somewhat like Yawstrich. Maybe one that had gained a bit of weight and had their body droop down to the floor, but similar nonetheless.
     Poewk vigorously nodded their head. They seemed very happy with the end result. Quickly, they scattered over to the oven and started to push one of the eggs in.
     "Hey, Poewk! Wait! Let's make the statue first, ok? We can't be having that just hanging around. It's not safe, and I don't want you hurt." Clay slammed the door shut. Maybe this would be a little harder then he thought.
     Poewk stared up at them in sadness, but reluctantly agreed. He carried a chunk of rock to where Poewk was and pulled out his pocket knife. While he carved, he told Poewk stories of the monster world outside of Wublin island, from the Celestials (being stingy about Galvana...) to the mysteries of the Dipsters. Poewk scratched at edges of the sculpture.
     "...And they finally discovered the lost element of fire after years of searching." Clay stepped back and looked down at Poewk. "This looks pretty good, don't you think?"
     They made a little squeak of approval and started to roll a Shellbeat egg to the oven. Clay stopped them from getting close to the edge of the table.
     "Be careful! Look, lift it instead. Not with your back, no." Clay repositioned them and grabbed a few Spunge eggs to toss into the oven. When Poewk rolled the egg in and was about to grab another one, Clay blocked their path with his hand.
     "Look, I'll just put the eggs in and you choose which ones you'd like." He pulled his hand away from them and pointed at the pile of eggs with his head. Poewk nodded and scurried over to another Shellbeat egg.
     Clay grabbed the egg, and others Poewk pointed at, and shoved them into the stove.
     "Alright." He grabbed them off of the table and held them tightly. "Be careful, sometimes they get aggressive." Clay chuckled at his comment.
     Poewk covered their face with their hands and the oven shook violently.

     After what seemed to be an eternity, (which was really only 1 minute,) the shaking abruptly ended and the oven made a little ding!
     "Poewk! You can uncover your face now, it's stopped." Clay delicately helped Poewk take their claws off of their face, who seemed too scared to.
     Carrying them close to his chest, he grabbed the pure energy and stuffed it inside the statue.

     Poewk jumped up onto the table and started to ramble on about themself. The Wublin got startled and screamed.
     "Don't scare them! They just woke up! Do you not remember what it was like?"
Poewk looked up, as if looking for an answer. They eventually shook their head. Clay heavily sighed.
     The Wublin nervously looked around as Poewk introduced themself and Clay. He carried them as he thought of a name.
     They did scream, and Yawstriches look like emus from the humans world... maybe something with those two incorporated...
     "Your name should be... Screemu!" Clay snapped his fingers, which also scared Screemu.
     "Oh, sorry. Why don't you stay here for a bit and I teach you guys how to paint? Poewk seemed to like making art a lot." Clay nervously shrugged his shoulders.
Poewk nodded, grabbed Screemus hand, and brought them over to the art station on his desk.
     Clay handed them a small paint brush and put a few splats of paint onto a piece of cardboard.
     Poewk starts painting and accidentally frightens Screemu. They fall backward and land in the puddles of paint. Clay helps Screemu stand up.
     "Are you ok?" Clay scans over them, looking for any sign of injury. Instead of crying or being scared more, they seemed to enjoy being dirty with paint.
     "Uhh... do you wanna wash off? Maybe clean the paint off?" He looked over his shoulder at the sink.
     Screemu smiled and instead went back to Poewk and continued painting. Clay sighs and puts his hands on his hips.
     "Maybe I'll let them stay like that. It seems like they're happier that way... but they are dirty..." Clay thought hard as he watched the two Wublins paint a piece.
     "Eh, rather not spoil their fun."