Hypnotized!

"No, this won't do..."
     Clay sat at his workshop, designing a new Wublin. Frustrated, he slammed the table, letting out a loud shout. He dug his head into his arms and groaned to himself when Wyre walked in.
     "Oh my Galvana, are you ok? I heard you from all the way across the island!" Wyre ran to him and hugged him from behind. Clay sighed heavily.
     "I've been trying to make a new Wub, but none of these designs will do. It can't even breathe properly like this!" He picked up one of his sketches, showing it to Wyre.  He crumpled up the paper and threw it at the wall.
     "You'll get it eventually man, just keep trying." Wyre pats him on the back. "Do you want me to stay? All the Wubs are asleep, and I doubt they'll wake up anytime soon, so you don't really need to worry about that."
     "Yeah sure, go ahead." Clay doodled another plan. Wyre grabbed one of the initial designs and drew over it with his own flair.

     "I-I, I think I've got it!" Clay stood up, his chair rolling away. He grabbed his paper and sat right next to where Wyre was.
     "So look, it plays pizzicato bass with its tounge! And it can tune itself with these little knobs..." He went on for what seemed to be forever about how the Wublins song would work. Wyre sat quietly. He seemed distracted by something.
     "I think that's cool... uh... I-I have to go, uhh." Wyre got up to go... well... somewhere... Clay started following him, but decided against it. "I'll be here working if you need me."

                        \~WYRES POV~/

     Y'know, I realize after walking away that I might've made Big C feel bad. I mean, I could've just told him...
     What's even going on anyway? My whole body feels weird, like I'm not in control of it anymore. Maybe something was up with that Wublin... it seemed like... what am I even saying at this point? I'm starting to sound like a damn Rare Yelmut...
     I wanna go back to the lab but I just... can't. Physically. The Wublin... I-I can't be near it without feeling light headed. Psh, I shouldn't be overreacting, I'm fine! It's just a drawing... Maybe I should go to Water, Waive could help.
     Walking through the teleporter feels like talking to a Theremind for an hour... Whatever, not important. Wait, where's Waive? I can't even hear their bubbles popping, weird. The other monsters seem like they're scared of me, did I do something wrong? I can't think of anything. I think I see Waive talking to Shellby, maybe trying to coax him out of his shell.
                     Why can't I move?
     I can't move, it feels like being in a box again, but worse. I guess I must've been loud, cause Waive came over.
     "Wy? You good? You seem a little stuck." I mean, obviously...
     "Yeah, I know, thanks Mr. Spurrit... help a monster out, will ya?"
     Waive tried really hard to pull me out of my little situation, but I'm still stuck here, waiting for Clay...
     All the other monsters are staring at me, do I look weird? Have I got some oil on my face or something? Did I say something stupid? I can't ask Waive, their gonna think I'm weird! It's worth a shot...
     "Hey, do I look weird? They're all staring at me... especially Blabbit." Waive looks at me weird, like I expected.
     "Wy, are you on something? No one's even near, let alone Blabbit!" Waive definitely thinks I'm weird now. Crap... maybe it wasn't worth a shot.
     Finally! I think I hear the portal. Maybe Clay's finally coming to help me out! Let me run over so I ca- oh wait. That's right. I'm stupid.
     Clay stares at me. "Dude, are you good?" I would start begging him to help me, but I've just gotta keep my cool, try and be responsible, or whatever humans say.
     "N-No not really. Could you help me out?" I probably look so stupid.
     He grabs me by the waist and after a bit of struggling, Clay managed to pull me out. I fell face first onto his chest, or atleast chest area. That sounds weird after saying it... you humans better not make this weirder.
     I stand up, totally not at all feeling awkward... What was I even stuck in? On the floor there's nothing. I was stuck in nothing? How could that even happen?
     "Wyre, let's go. You should get some rest." Clay seems angry at me, but after all that, I really can't care that much.

                    \~3RD PERSON POV~/

     Clay and Wyre went back to Wublin island. Wyre held onto Clay tightly, trying to make sure he didn't get 'stuck' again.
     "Wy." Clay put his hand onto Wyres. "What's going on?"
     Wyre bursted into tears. "I-I don't know! I've been f-feeling l-like I'm n-not in control of my own b-body, and like everyone wa-was staring at me, and that-"
     Clay hugged him. Wyre slowly stopped crying, he felt... safe. His brothers arms made him feel safe.
     "We can figure this out, ok?" Clay looked up at Wyre, his eyes filled to the brim with fear and worry. "Just tell me what's wrong whenever you've calmed down. Get some rest. It's late anyway." Clay looked out into the emptiness around them.
     "O-Ok." Clay shook as he sat down in his bed. He tossed and turned during the night, but fell asleep.

     The next morning, Wyre woke up late. He groggily went to the main part of the lab to get some breakfast when someone he didn't recognize walked up to him.
     The monster had a long, striped tounge, with dark gray fur and three fingers on each hand. Clay walked over with a cup of coffee in his hands.
     "Hey, how'd you sleep?" Clay took a sip of his drink.
     "Fine, but that's not the most important thing, who the heck is that?" Wyre nodded his head over to the mysterious monster. Clay opened his eyes a little wider.
     "Oh! It's Thwok, the newest Wublin. They're the guy I was designing yesterday. Speaking of yesterday..." Clay placed his mug of the counter beside him. "Thwok was hypnotizing you..." Clay put his hands together and looked away, trying to not make eye contact.
     "Hypnotized? Me? Huh?" Wyre squinted his eyes. Clay sighed.
     "Yeah. Thwok had managed to hypnotize you while you were away. Don't ask me how, I haven't got a clue." Thwok snickered.
     "You little-"

     "Woah! Hey now! Let's not attack them, yeah?" Clay shielded them from Wyre.
     "I didn't mean to! I don't know what got over me!" Wyre stared at his hand, then looked over at Thwok through the gaps between Clay's arm and body. Thwok stared up at him and laughed.
     He sighed. "You're gonna need to learn to control that..."