018 // DAY 8

SATURDAY XX DEC 6:47 P.M.

"Woah, woah! Layla is coming with us?"

"This is my vacation time, so I'm going to use it wisely." She replied quietly, getting in the passenger's seat as you climbed in the back.

Everyone had decided to dress up for the night, a little bit more than they usually do. Layla had on a nice dark blue long-sleeved blouse, while Mona wore a light blue short-sleeved blouse. The two were almost matching it seemed like, except Mona had ripped black pants while Layla had on regular black pants.

"I didn't hear about dressing the same. Did you two plan this without me?" Mona turned around to look at you, snickering as she saw you with your arms crossed against your chest with a pout.

"You look fine in that! It's nothing too flashy, just something casual. It's not like we're going to pick up guys or anything..." She trailed off as she turned back around. Mona put the keys in the ignition as the car roared to life. After a minute of starting up, Mona put the car into drive, following behind one of the other's cars to the tavern.

"The dark grey sweater looks good on you. Wearing a nice pair of blue jeggings with it completes the outfit just fine. Mona's just picking on you." Layla smiled, making you give her a small thumbs up. "You'll probably blend like me. You're wearing nothing flashy, unlike this idiot." She pointed to Mona, who shook her head at Layla.

Layla coughed, looking down at the shoes you were wearing. "Besides, if anyone hits on you that you don't like, you can dig the heel of your boot on top of their foot."

This made you laugh at her suggestion, though Layla was serious with what she said. "Layla is being serious (Y/N). The stars already decided your fate. Dig your heel into any guy who hits on you tonight." Mona sternly said. Layla nodded with a wide smile on her face, making you shrink back in the seat.

"Speaking of which, who are you going to hang out with at the tavern?"

"Erm, you two?" Your response made the two suddenly burst out into laughter.

"Oh, that's a good one!" Mona was wiping away tears from the corner of her ears with the other hand on the steering wheel, Layla mimicking her actions.

Did they just kick me to the curb without saying it straight forward?! "You mean, you'll be hanging out with Alhaitham, hmm?" Mona raised an eyebrow with a smirk on her face, causing your jaw to drop.

"Stop it! Nothing is going on between us, at all!" You protested, throwing both your hands up at the two girls.

"Yeah right! You can't fool me or Layla! The stars have already decided the two of you are meant to be together."

You put a hand over your mouth while you let out an exasperated sigh. "You two and your stupid astrology thing. There is no such thing as the stars deciding fate."

Layla shook her head, her attention still focused on you. "Just give it up. The stars magically do my homework."

Who's gonna tell her it's sleepwalking, but instead of the walking part, it's sleepworking... You thought, pressing your mouth in a thin line. "You're just saying that to say it."

"No, it's true. Oh Layla, remember when I told you that I saw in a dream a new star appearing over Teyvat Uni?"

"Oh yes, I do!" She pointed a finger at Mona as the memory occurred in her head.

"That was you, (Y/N), coming to Sumeru after moving from Natlan!" Mona beamed with excitement, using that as her backup for fate through the stars.

You felt your expression go blank, looking over at the window beside you. "Uh-huh. Sure. Whatever you say."