022.1 // GET HIM GOOD !!

I cackled writing this chapter and the title name please I'm so funny 💃 (jk im not my humor is dry asf)

-

EARLIER IN THE MORNING . . .

WED DEC XX 7:09 A.M.

"Did you do something yesterday? One of the constellations in the sky came out ... a bit later than it usually does." Layla purposefully left out which constellation came out late to study Alhaitham's reaction. Though all she got was the silent treatment in return. 

This is too troublesome to continue. I'll get tired if I continue this ... Layla sighed, her eyes drooping along with her shoulders as Alhaitham kept his nose in the book in front of him. 

There was no point in trying to argue with Alhaitham at seven in the morning. The only reason why she woke up this early was to question him, even though she was bribed by Mona to do so. If Mona had come down to interrogate Alhaitham instead, she would have brought everyone out of their deep slumber. Layla noticed something was off with the male as his usual upright posture was that of a slouchy one. She knew already he wasn't going to give a straightforward answer.

"Kaveh pissed me off. I'm sure you know that's a daily thing already though." Alhaitham responded, turning over a page in the book he was reading. He could feel the intent stare from the dark blue-haired girl which started to make him feel uneasy. Though Kaveh did warn him the two astrology girls would notice that something happened yesterday and Alhaitham failed to heed the warning.

"I'm tired. But just know ... the stars are always watching over our actions. I think something interesting is going to occur today ..." Layla yawned, putting a hand over her mouth and walking back upstairs. There was no use trying to get any more answers out of him. Besides, the longer she stayed in that suffocating atmosphere the more she would begin to wake up.

The only thing that concerned her was that when the two came back from the library last night, (Y/N) didn't respond in their group chat. That alone raised the flags that something happened and with Alhaitham's short response, she was thinking the two were connected.

Huh ... Well ... He'll figure it out. Hopefully.

Alhaitham raised an eyebrow at the tired girl, trying to decide whether or not that was her awake self or sleep-walking self doing all the talking. Layla was the one he least expected to ask about the sudden change of everything, as the girl would avoid these kinds of situations as they would grow too tiring for her.

I'll just have to walk on eggshells around everyone today it seems. He thought, closing the book and getting up from the chair. He walked over to the kitchen, his eyes landing on the coffee machine. If he was going to get bombarded with questions from (Y/N)'s friends, he needed his morning coffee first. His hand pulled the sink handle toward him, the water pouring out of the faucet.

Though it was a short-lived thought as the front door opened. A noisy blond came through, scouting the area until his red eyes landed on the grey-haired male. 

How the hell did he get in here? The door was locked, unless someone gave out their key again. It was probably Mona. 

(Unfortunately for Alhaitham, Mona wasn't the one who gave away her key. It was actually Tighnari when Kaveh gave Cyno twenty dollars for Alhaitham's headphones.)

"What do you want at seven in the morning?" Alhaitham turned back around, snatching the coffee decanter to fill it up with hot water from the sink. 

"Drop that coffee decanter right now."