021.1 // DILEMMA

A whirl of emotions danced throughout the blond as he watched (Y/N) walk out the door. The door slowly retreated to its original closing position from how hard she slammed the door open. There was one thing Kaveh knew for sure; his friend had gone too far.

Questions roamed throughout his head on the new pieces of information he had learned within the timeframe, especially within the last few chaotic minutes. He had found it strange the two seemingly got along too well nearly a week into the trip. Hell, the two didn't even interact with each other on the first day everyone got here. There was no possible way for (Y/N) to develop feelings for Alhaitham that quickly over the trip. It also wasn't possible for Alhaitham to let someone be around him that comfortably either.

There was something more to their relationship and he knew it in his gut.

"What the fuck is your problem Alhaitham? Blocking her number? Her confession to you? You need to go apologize right now for your actions." Kaveh clenched his jaw as he walked over to the door and closed it. He locked both knobs once again and leaned against the door.

He studied the grey-haired male in front of him, seeing how statue-like he was. Someone could give Alhaitham one simple push and all of his pieces would be scattered on the ground. The glare from his eyes would remain and spread in the air, trying to suffocate whoever dared push him over. Though it would be a false threat as his heart said differently from his eyes.

Two kids looked back toward the open backdoor, seeing a tall feminine figure calling out to the two. The smaller one of the two finished making the base of the snowman they were making with their older sibling before running off inside to their family.

There were three reasons why Kaveh was leaning against the door.

One. If their small clash with one another started to get out of hand, he wanted as many barriers are possible to prevent anyone from hearing it. Kaveh knew that an argument about this was going to turn into a potential rolling snowball if the wrong word would be spoken.

Two. Kaveh would hear anyone approaching the house since he was near the door. He would also hear and feel both locks being unlocked by his housemates. It would be easy for him to come up with why the two were arguing with one another as it was a common thing that happened.

And three. His hand was itching to form into a fist and take a pretty swing at Alhaitham's face. As he was speculating and coming up with many different outcomes, many of them would lead to something wrong being said. Putting as much space between the two as possible was needed or else something in the house would be damaged. Reason number three would make the truth come out if things escalated to that.

Alhaitham sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What has been said has already done its damage."

A stray leaf landed on the abandoned makeshift snowball. It had been a day since the snowball had been formed, the icy temperature keeping its shape. No one had returned to it, but two silhouettes could be seen pointing fingers at one another through one of the upstairs rooms behind the curtain.

"That's not a valid excuse and we both know it. You need to go fix this right now before it becomes unfixable." Kaveh warned Alhaitham, lowering his head while keeping his gaze fixated on his friend.

"Stop poking around in other people's business."

"Hah?!" Kaveh nearly let out a chain of laughs but stopped himself. "You expect me to sit by idly after all of that? I'm not taking a raincheck on that."

He didn't let Alhaitham have a chance to respond and kept talking. "(Y/N) didn't do what she did to feel like some hero. You heard her, she wanted to keep you safe! It was clear as crystal water she didn't care what happened and nearly got stabbed by that crazy lunatic! And you tell her not to poke her nose around? As far as I'm concerned Haitham, she had every right to intervene and help you out." Kaveh raised his voice but Alhaitham didn't flinch or even display a different sign of emotion.