026 // SKIRTS CAN BE MANLY TOO

SUN DEC XX 12:47 P.M.

"I am not wearing that maid outfit."

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I am not!"

"Candace, Kaveh is being mean to me!"

"Oh hush it, Collei!"

"Sounds like someone needs their ass beat."

"Please don't."

"Then get your ass moving. Take the outfit and change. We're all waiting patiently." Without warning, Candace shoved the clothes into Kaveh's hands. Collei stifled a laugh behind her hand as she pointed at the blond. Muffled giggles could be heard behind the green-haired girl.

You watched the staring contest unfold between the two friends, your eyes occasionally drifting to Amber mimicking Kaveh's actions with her hand. The four were grouped up near Kaveh's room, leaving him no route to escape.

Directing your attention back to Mona and Alhaitham, the two were engrossed in a chess game. Mona was leaning over the island, her legs supporting her on the bar stool. You sat to her left while Alhaitham stood across the island from the two of you. Someone was losing the game, and it wasn't the one standing up.

The living room was directly in front of the kitchen, with no wall to signify the start or end of either of the rooms. A black l-shaped couch with a glass coffee table in front of it filled the spacious room, a common-sized television hanging from the far right corner. Underneath the television was an oversized beanbag, a sleeping dark blue-haired girl claiming it as hers. White vertical blinds guarded a set of doors, blocking out the sunlight that dared to peek through. On the other side of the doors was Kaveh's favorite part of the apartment, the patio.

To the left of the patio doors was a Christmas tree about six feet tall with hardly any decorations. Maybe it was because it was guys in the apartment. Or perhaps it was because someone didn't have the energy to decorate. But the look of the plain green tree with the mini lights didn't blend in with the room. Hell, at least your tree back at your apartment had more life to it than this one. Then again, maybe it was because you and Mona were racing to see who could decorate one side of the tree faster.

A closed door almost blended in with the white walls of the apartment. Behind that door is probably Alhaitham's room. The only other room that's visible is the laundry room, and the bathroom is right across from Kave'hs room.

The blond slowly backed into his room, keeping his gaze locked on Candace until he shut the door. Not even a few seconds after closing his door, a high-pitched scream boomed inside his room. Everyone's heads turned toward the sound of the scream while Dehya was trying her hardest not to fall over in laughter.

The walls shook as Kaveh flung the door open, storming out while dragging somebody behind him. Your eyes widened as Kaveh fell to the floor with someone dressed as a ninja standing on his back.

"He tried disposing of the outfit. In trade, I almost disposed of him." A monotonic voice filled the living room. The only identifiable thing of the ninja was his red-orange eyes. Of course, Cyno would stick true to his words. He saw this as a cosplaying event, didn't he?

"It would have been better if you did. One less headache to deal with."

"Aren't you the one that let him move in here?" Mona held her hand on the chess piece to see how Alhaitham would react to her question.

His eyes flickered to the piece she held, watching as she moved the bishop diagonally. "Doesn't mean I did it from the bottom of my heart."

"When did you even get in the room?!" Kaveh yelled, hitting the floor with his fist multiple times as Cyno kept walking back and forth on his back. Alhaitham narrowed his eyes when he looked over as if he was a dad giving his kids a warning.