AUTHOR' S NOTE

This isn't really anything important, it's just gonna be a small bit where I ramble on about what I've written up until now and plan to write in the future. You can read if you want, but it isn't required.

(I'm not the best at describing things relating to me)

When this book originally first started, it was going to end after the winter break vacation. It was supposed to be a short story — but here we are 44 parts later LMAO with added plot points that weren't there from the beginning. But also, it wasn't going to go into detail with every day as it did. The readers who were there when the vacation chapters started could tell you. That's why Day One is a bit chopped compared to Day Two.

I'll admit, I was afraid I would develop writers block in between all of that. I mean, I guess who wouldn't be afraid. Writer's block is the number one anime betrayal. But seriously, I was shocked that I didn't develop writer's block (and still haven't). Some chapters are considered fillers just for the sake of additional plot point info or comic relief (i.e. chap 20.3 and 24.2). As a fellow book nerd, it's nice to have a break from the main plot because it's a lot to take in at times.

But damn, I'm impressed with myself for not developing writer's block with this. I haven't forgotten about my other book, it's just under massive editing and will resume shortly. More than likely it'll turn into a xreader. I also have a Childe book that's about ready to see the light 😺 that book is going to be a bit of a rollercoaster, but I'm not spoiling anything. it'll probably be my toughest work yet.

I had many identity reveals swarming in my head between (Y/N) and Alhaitham. I ended up butchering them because it would have either rushed the plot or been dragged out for way too long. One reveal, he was going to say it when the two of them were alone at the house because he got sick. Another reveal was going to be the last day with the bonfire. The third one (kinda cheesy) was going to be where (Y/N) lost her phone over the trip and Alhaitham calling it, to where the voice reveal comes in.

Either way, Alhaitham knew (Y/N)'s identity in every scenario. I mean ... come on ... he's literally the scribe. He had me fooled with the Azar thing myself (totally didn't look like an idiot during the cutscenes)

I was hooked on the first scrapped idea for a long time, but something clicked in my head and said "wouldn't it be hilarious to do a reveal in the bathroom?" Like, no IRL person would ever do that. I laughed at my own idea for a day because it was stupid and hilarious.

Oh and originally, (Y/N) and Alhaitham were going to be in the same house. LOL. But that was too predictable, so I threw that idea out the window 🤪

But let's get to the elephant in the room. Or well, one of them.

The angst.

It was never in the books when I roughly drafted this book out. I told myself from the beginning that having angst would ruin the book, because sometimes it's extremely hard to turn around from that plot point. You also can't just bring it on suddenly, or else people lose interest. I also thought I would have sucked writing it, because you have to be in the moment with that kind of thing.

So you know what helped me?

Fruits Basket.

That series uses the cute and bubbly vibes to hide the angst and sadness that it's built upon. And the angst was a perfect source of motivation for me. And with the 2019 remake finished, being able to sit down and watch it to experience and see the emotions portrayed in those heart-wrenching scenes was what I needed.

I didn't think the writing was that deep until the comments came flowing in. And you all know what I mean, the chapter, being chapter 21. I guess because my heart was already trampled on by Fruits Basket, the scene didn't come off that deep to me. My thoughts writing that chapter was "alright, let's just put some drama in here and make it a bit dramatic" but perhaps I got too carried away with that and the chapters leading up until the apology.

Oh, which by the way, the apology with the angst added plot also wasn't going to happen until the bonfire. Though there were a lot of things that weren't supposed to happen since I added the angst in, lol.

Let's address elephant number two.

The oh so wonderful source of the trauma for Alhaitham. Once again, she wasn't apart of the original plot. But I used the plot holes (araki forgot) from the beginning and got a bit creative to add her in.

But no, she's not making a comeback. That's kinda cheesy stuff I hate reading/watching in typical shoujo/romance series. The source of the inspiration for this was Romantic Killer (as a few had guessed) for how stalker behavior works. Perhaps the two are too alike – but I already had Callie's character and interactions settled before I watched the show. The show was the butter for the toasted bread in simple terms.

I had tons of fun writing the chapters she was in. It added to the story, gave more plot for me to go off of, and how to officially introduce the long friendship between Alhaitham, Kaveh, Diluc, Childe, and Kaeya. Which canonically those five would be a chaotic mess to deal with. But if we're speaking cannon terms, Diluc would despise Childe if he knew his true identity. But I know for a fact Diluc and Alhaitham would be besties while Kaveh and Kaeya complain about the two.

BACK ON TRACK. Her name is an intended pun for comical purposes. It was a small relief before I dumped the angst on everybody. It wasn't originally, as I planned for (Y/N) to be stabbed. But I felt that would've been too classic and predictable. Being predictable is my least favorite thing, I like keeping everyone on their toes and not knowing what to expect :)

And elephant number three.

The future of this book.

That's why I took a week off — even though I'm not really taking a break. I'll be scribbling and throwing scrapped paper balls around my room, that my cats will chase and I'll state at them while deciding how I want to take things. I don't think I could ever write a sad ending because it would eat away at the back of my head until my heart would be gone. I hate sad endings, because it's just that mushy unresolved feeling that swarms your body until you move on from it.

It'll be our characters in the school arc and more development between (Y/N) and Alhaitham's relationship. I think I left a few plot holes in the small backstory I described to bring out what I want to bring out. Potentially more angst, maybe a bucket of sad sobs, or normal plots, not sure. But I just hate being predictable so I won't give away what I've been brewing for a while.

Making book two would be too much effort (I'm lazy to make another cover). If I ended the book now, I'd be unsatisfied with myself as there are still some things that haven't been done. Like a redo date, the anticipated party, (Y/N) figuring out Alhaitham majors in three subjects, and perhaps more introductions with Genshin characters. There are lots of things, but I just know I can't end it here.

Also, another scene I enjoyed writing was the chapter with Alhaitham getting kidnapped. The only reason I was able to write that scene too well was because I was a witness to my friend being kidnapped by our group of friends in high school. This was after school at one of our sleepovers, there's no way they could have gotten away with it during school. The scene is still fresh in my mind to this day, including the part where they dropped him down the stairs because one of the guys going down the stairs fell too LMAO. So yeah, nothing to be concerned about. I promise. Thought you all should know the backstory behind that wild card d:

But yeah, that's that. I always wanted to do an info drop and figured this would be the perfect time to do so.

I enjoy writing this book. I enjoy writing in general. I love having my ideas come to life. The number of other fanfictions I have sitting in Google Docs because I was too afraid to post them is crazy. Maybe one day I will, but for one that I spent most of my high school time writing, I lost my binder that had everything in it 😭😭

Thanks for everyone's love and support for this book. It means a lot honestly. Seeing people enjoy what I do makes me smile and ultimately becomes my inspiration to keep getting better and try to one-up myself from each chapter.

See you June 28th o/

- GIO

𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋 √𝐀𝐋𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐌On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara