024.2 // TASTE TEST

FRI DEC XX 10:42 A.M.

"What do you keep smiling about?"

"Nothing."

"It's something."

"Perhaps."

Lucas raised his eyebrow at his sister, her eyes glued to her phone screen. He sighed while relaxing in the sling-styled patio chair, crossing his arms over his chest. Whatever it was, it kept her preoccupied with the two being kicked out of the house while the cooking was happening.

(Y/N) had both of her legs brought to her chest in the sling-styled patio chair, her thighs acting as a barrier to hide the photo of Alhaitham. She would have to give her thanks in person to Childe tonight for the photo. When Alhaitham told her about him being kidnapped by his friends, she prayed silently that someone had taken photos of the incident.

Their small silence was short-lived, the front door opening and revealing a familiar grey-haired male. Right behind him was a blond about his height, his eyebrows wiggling. Alhaitham removed one hand from the white plate, turning his head to look at his unwanted follower. Kaveh's facial expressions changed in a heartbeat as Alhaitham punched Kaveh in the chest, the blond stumbling backward into the house.

Alhaitham held a plate between his hands, small portions of the food for tonight's bonfire scattered across it. The two siblings sat up properly in the chair, their attention being drawn in by the food.

"I didn't know we were getting personal maid service."

"The food isn't for snarky people."

"You can't talk, you know." (Y/N) pitched in while setting her phone on her lap. Lucas went to steal a look at what had the girl smiling but frowned at seeing a black screen.

The black-haired male looked at Alhaitham. "Why has she been smiling ever since we got kicked out?"

He shrugged his shoulders, setting the food down on the table. "I don't know. I don't keep tabs on (Y/N)'s everyday actions twenty-four-seven."

"I think you have something to do with it."

Is it that photo? "(Y/N), what have you been looking at?"

She snickered at his question, a playful smile spreading across her face. "It's considered forbidden to show you."

"Excuse me?"

"You're giving that guy a straightforward answer?"

"If I show you what I've been looking at Lucas, I know you'll take a picture of it."

"No, I won't."

"That's a lie."

"I'll just send it to myself when I take your phone."

"Exactly. I thought over what I said. I will not share this photo with the world unless Alhaitham gets on my bad side again."

It's that photo. Alhaitham sighed and brought his left hand to the left side of his face, dragging his hand down slowly. He knew he should have taken the SD card out of Kaveh's phone on their ride back from Diluc's two days ago. Though if he had destroyed the tiny object, Diluc would have made Alhaitham buy Kaveh a new SD card.

Was I really making a pitiful face? It should have been an angry face if anything. Unless she mistook it for a pitiful face.

A vague memory popped itself in front of Alhaitham, his eyes widening. Kaveh wasn't the one who took the photo.

That ginger is dead tonight.

"Thanks for the service, Alhaitham."

"The food isn't for you."