Chapter Two

Follow me on twitter for updates to my stories at: BePassionate_24

Don't Forget To Think Of Me- Chapter Two

Shaking the memories from her mind, Elena sat up in bed the next morning. His green eyes still flashing in front of her hazy eyelids. Ugh. As if she could get him out of her head. He was engrained there, stuck there as if he was always meant to be. She yawned, rolling out of bed and glancing up at the elongated mirror to the left of her bedside. Baltimore hadn't been her first choice. Honestly, when she had left Mystic Falls under the impression that school was over and her friends were finally leaving the gloomy old hometown they all once loved. Elena had seen herself moving to Hawaii, after marrying Matt Donovan and spending the rest of their lives together. Yet, her dreams of their on and off again romance ended in high school. Elena still held out hope that maybe the cute blue eyed looking baseball player would finally make his way back into her heart. He never did though. So, over the last seven years of being away from home. She had met, Harper. A true cowboy who was uprooted to Atlanta, Georgia during his college days. He'd swept her off her feet instantly with his southern charm and good looks and when she told him that she was moving to Baltimore for her residency. Harper without hesitation followed her there.

"Babe, you home?" Harper asked, pushing open the door to their small apartment as Elena exhaled deeply and walked into the living room. There he stood, with two coffee's in his hands and a medium sized bag of donuts.

"In the bedroom." Elena shouted back, tying her hair into a ponytail as she leaned against the edge of the bed, yawning. It had been a long few days and she was ready for the weekend. However, knowing that she probably was going to be stuck at work made everything a little dull.

"Mhmmm,you look hot." Harper commented, leaning against the door frame and watching Elena throw on a thin gray colored tank top, pulling her long brown hair out from underneath it as she smiled up at her boyfriend and quickly moved over towards him, extending out his hand so that he could give her the much needed caffeine that she needed.

"Hot! Ouch, damn it!" She muttered under her breath as the piping smoldering coffee burned the roof of her mouth. Harper laughed a little, shaking his head.

"It does say caution, hot." He reminded her sarcastically as she rolled her eyes and turned away from him.

"So, what are we doing for your mom's birthday?" She asked him quietly, changing the subject as she heard him exhale, coming up behind her and brushing a strand of her hair off of her shoulder.

"I thought you hated my mother." He commented nonchalantly, causing Elena to laugh a little as he kissed her shoulder blades. She didn't hate Rosalie. They just didn't really understand one another. Well, there was also the nice thanksgiving incident where Harper's mother walked in on the two of them, making out like teenagers in his childhood bedroom when they visited them last year. Yeah, that surely made things even more awkward between Elena and her potential mother in law.

"I'm being serious, Harper." Elena scolded, turning around as she bite down on her lower lip and placed her arms around him, pulling him close.

"We'll figure it out." He reassured her, his blue eyes sparkling as he kissed her forehead and exhaled deeply, staring at the clock on the wall behind her. "You're going to be late."

Elena shrugged. "No, I wo-." Her eyes grew wide as she realized the time. "Shit!" Elena added on, rushing to put the rest of her clothes on as she pushed away from Harper and blew him one last kiss.

"Love you, babe. I'll see you late tonight!" She shouted out, walking out the front door of their small two bedroom apartment that they shared as Harper reminded her that he was going out with a group of friends tonight and that she shouldn't wait up.