Chapter Five

A/N: Hey all! Here's Ch.5. Sorry for the long delay. Hope you all like it!

Don't Forget To Think Of Me- Chapter Five

"We're not doing that again." Bonnie groaned, covering her eyes as the light shined into Damon's bedroom. He smirked just a little. "Sure, whatever you say Bon Bon." He smiled at her, leaning over

her to grab his shirt that she was laying on. Bonnie's body tensed up as Damon ran his hand over her bare stomach, making her skin tingle. Inhaling deeply, she was trying to concentrate. Although, every single time she tried all she could see in front of her eyes was his darkened blue gaze.

"Let's be honest here. We're just using each other." She laughed, rolling on to her side and placing her arm underneath her head. "How long is this really going to last?" She asked him, yawning as he slipped on his t-shirt and glanced back at her shrugging his shoulders. "How long do you want it to last?" He questioned as Bonnie rolled on to her back, staring up at the ceiling. It was fun, getting lost into his every word, his every touch. Yet, they needed to be realistic. They'd burnout sooner or later. They'd get bored or sick of one another. It was only a matter of time.

"I don't know." Bonnie said absentmindedly.

Damon tilted his head to the side and smiled at her a little. Personally, he was having way too much fun with her and he really didn't want that to go away. Being with her was nice. Being with Bonnie was different.

He watched from the corner of his eyes as she rolled around the bed, finally resting her chin on to her arms as she glanced up at him, exhaling heavily. "Do you ever think about her? In these last few months, have you ever thought about Elena?"

The air was suddenly thick. It was almost as if Damon couldn't breathe. He hadn't thought about Elena in months and so the small reminder of just her name made his skin grow with goosebumps. His voice was thick when he finally spoke, not daring to look at Bonnie while he took a seat on the edge of the bed. "Yeah," Damon commented, running his hand through his hair. "I had thought about her a lot in the beginning. But, something changed between the first few months and now." He swallowed the lump that was growing in his throat. "I don't think about her as much anymore. All I know is that I hope wherever she might be that she's happy." Damon said, turning back to Bonnie and grabbing her hand. He held on to it for a while before he smiled gently at her and said with a low voice. "Because, I know that if the roles were reversed that she would want the same thing for me." Damon added in, bringing Bonnie's hand up to his lips as he kissed her knuckles and she sat there, watching him.

"Damon-." He cut her off, leaning forward while placing his finger against her lips. "I'm falling in love with you, Bonnie and I know it's crazy. But, I've never been a good liar and you need to know that, this isn't just a game for me anymore. Being with you. It's everything that I thought I didn't want. But, I really do. I want you, I love you." He admitted as she felt him drop her hand and then his lips were against hers. The moment their lips parted, she was speechless.

"You don't need to say it back. Hell, you don't even need to feel the same way about me right now. But, I need you to know that. I'm in love with you." Bonnie's eyes grew wide as she leaned back against the pillows, trying to process his words as she watched Damon follow her movements. They were both silent. After a few minutes, Bonnie grabbed a hold of his hand as she turned to face him. "You were my best friend's boyfriend." She pointed out bluntly.

Damon laughed a little, nodding. "I know."

She sighed deeply, locking her eyes on to him as she leaned her head against his shoulder and then asked softly. "So, what are we going to do now?"