Chapter Nine

A/N: Hey all! I am so sorry for taking SO LONG to update this story! Hopefully some of you are still reading it. Well, with that being said. This story will only have 6 more chapters.

Thanks so much for reading and enjoy!

Also, happy almost new year! :)

Don't Forget To Think Of Me- Chapter Nine

"We're being hunted." Stefan shouted out, opening the doors widely to the Salvatore mansion as Bonnie lunged off the couch and ran towards Elena, squeezing her tightly and saying how much she missed her.

"Welcome home, Elena." She said with a beaming smile, watching as the brunette took a step back and looked around the room. She was amazed at how nothing had changed in the time that she had been away, the house still felt warm and welcoming. However, she wished more than anything that she could be there under very different circumstances and not ones that involved all of their impending deaths.

"Hunted by what?" Damon asked, tilting his head to the side as he came to stand beside Bonnie, his hand lingering on her lower back just a little too long to cause Stefan to question their relationship.

"Are you two together?" Stefan asked out loud, causing himself and Elena's faces both to give a grimacing look towards Bonnie and then back to Damon. Bonnie shrugged her shoulders, feeling her face become heated as she nodded and exhaled deeply, attempting to explain. "It just kind of happened. One minute we were in the heat of passion and then the next, we kind of just.....We decided that we're better together than apart." Bonnie stated, hearing Elena laugh out a breath as she gave Damon a knowing look and he shook his head. "What? We erased your memory and from the last time I saw you, things weren't so great for us. Elena, I moved on." He explained, taking a step into the living room while he ran his hands through his hair and looked up at his brother. "Can we just move on to talking about what's trying to kill us?" He asked, noticing the mood in the room changing.

"Yeah, let's talk about that instead." Elena said, making sure that she'd talk to Damon later about where they exactly stood with one another.

"It's Rayna Cruz." Stefan told them, feeling damn sure that he was right. However, Bonnie knew that the huntress had died and that whatever was after them was targeting only men they knew.

"It's someone a lot more sinister than her. Besides, Rayna died in a blast when the phoenix sword was destroyed." Bonnie elaborated as Elena gave them all a confused look and Stefan came to stand beside her, smiling. "It's all a very long story, I'll explain it eventually." He said. Elena watched carefully as Bonnie looked through the Salvatore's bookshelves and finally found what she was looking for, her hands tightly gripping the old looking grimoire.

"Assuming that the woman we're searching for is in here...." Bonnie's voice trailed off as Stefan gave her a confused look and tilted his head to the side. "Why do you think it's a woman?" He asked as Bonnie opened her eyes and smiled at him, nearly laughing. "Because, all of the clues so far point to it. I think she's a siren. My grams used to tell me the story of one that would lure her unsuspected victims in with a song that only they could hear. She was beautiful, seductive and creative in her ways. She'd go undetected until she needed her fix and she'd want to kill again." Stefan stood in the living room, watching as Elena and Damon talked amongst themselves in the corner of the room and suddenly Damon seemed in a trace like state.

"Do you hear that?" He asked, making everyone turn their heads towards them in total confusion. Stefan didn't really know what he was talking about either. But, he too heard the music that no one else seemed to be hearing. "What's going on?" Elena asked, watching the brother's standing beside each other in bewilderment.