Chapter 3

👻CHAPTER 3👻

*•2 YEARS LATER•**👻Julia's POV👻*

*•2 YEARS LATER•*
*👻Julia's POV👻*

"Here's your order." I say to another customer, as I hand over their food.

The last two years has been really hard, doing part-time jobs, three a day, but it all worked out in the end, because I was able to get myself, my own food truck.

I've been traveling all around Coolsville, I didn't have one specific spot I could be found, each week I'll be located somewhere new. I went through each day with a heavy heart, missing the gang terribly.

"Miss Willows?"

I glance up, from the drink I was busy making, seeing a guy showing too many teeth as he was smiling up at me.

"How may I help you sir?" I ask putting on my sweetest smile.

"I've been sent by my employer, Mr Emile Mandavarious to invite you to his world famous amusement park, Spooky Island." He tells me handing over a thick envelope, this was all so surprising and unexpected.

"What's the catch, there's no way someone just invites others to an amusement park? Especially one they own?" I ask, feeling skeptical about the sudden invitation.

"Mr Mandavarious would like you to solve a mystery." The messenger says.

A mystery?

Why ask me, the others were way more capable of solving one by themselves.

"What's in it for me?" I ask staring at the man.

"He'll pay you a fee of $10 000, room and board, provide free airfare and an all you can eat." He says naming them off his fingers.

"I'll think about it." I say with a forced smile, my heart and my mind battling to come to a decision.

Solving a mystery would be great, but doing it by myself wouldn't be fun at all, it wouldn't be the same without the others.

*•*•*

The airport was full of people, I stood by the gate, where we will be aborting the plane going to Spooky Island. I stare down at the green dress I chose to where today, I even did my hair and put on some make up, which was unlike me.

I glance around the buzzing airport, when my eyes laid on two very familiar faces, with no clue when I'll ever see them again, I sure was happy I chose to come

"...but more importantly, I'm on a journey of self-discovery." I heard Velma say as I approach them.

"NASA, huh?"

"Hey guys!" I spoke up, their heads snap in my direction, but they were only staring, I guess doing something unlike me could catch people of guard. 

"Oh my, Julia you look amazing!" Velma says, looking me up and down.

"Wow..." Fred mumbles still stunned, so I did look different after all. "Does it look bad?" I ask, question my choices, "No, no, you look great!" Fred states quickly, giving me a smile.

-Charter Service to Spooky Island will begin boarding momentarily.-

"You guys look amazing." I say to the two, I was well aware of Fred's book, it shocked me at first, but reading it,  I felt proud of my former friend. Velma, I knew she would probably go somewhere amazing, hearing Fred ask her about NASA I knew that's actually what she did.

"What do you mean I can't have seven carry on bags? That's so economy!" The familiar voice of Daphne, caught our attention, before the awkwardness could even start to grow.

"Crap!" Velma mumbles.

Daphne's head snapped in our direction, she didn't look very happy seeing us. "Oh, no. I'm not talking to you guys!" Daphne says, turning her back on us, with that I guess she hasn't change much at all over the last two years.

Daphne turned back, making her way over to us, "What are you doing here?" She immediately asks, no beating around the buss.

"Isn't it obvious. We all received the same letter from one Emile Mandavarious, the reclusive owner of Spooky Island." Velma informs the woman.

"Unfair! I was going to solve the mystery all by myself for the first time ever!" Daphne says, her voice laced with determination.

"How are you going to save yourself when you get caught?" Fred asks her curiously smirking, we all knew she always got caught no matter what happens.

"I'm a black belt. I've transformed my body into a dangerous weapon." Daphne says raiding with confidence, but the three of us started laughing, not believing the words she has spoken out loud.

"It's true." she says stubbornly, pulling myself together I gave her a smile, not fake or forced, a real smile.

"I believe you." I tell her.

*•Unedited•*