Chapter 21

🕸️CHAPTER 21🕸️

*🕸️Julia's POV🕸️*

*🕸️Julia's POV🕸️*

We took a drive to Wickles address, to kick start this investigation, last night's mysterious unmasked figure really had it out for us, I was just wondering, why?

"Freddy, up on the right." Daphne spoke up, pointing out the house too our leader, the van came to a stop, we all got out except for Shaggy and Scooby who was staring up at the house with wide eyes.

"Old Man Wickles' ancestral Manor." Velma says.

"Oh, man. Another creepy crib!" Shaggy says, it made me smile at my scaredy cat. "How come we can't ever investigate, like, a KFC or something?" he asks laughing nervously.

"Shaggy!" Scooby calls him, he was showing Shaggy some fighting moves, to act tough, but it did seem to change Shaggy's mind. "All right. Then again, creepy is my middle name." he says getting out of the van, Scooby still fooling around.

"Scoob!" Shaggy calls distracting him. He ended up punching himself in the face.

"Scoob, come on." I call out standing next to Shaggy waiting for him, he immediately joined us, we walked up the steps catching up with the others as quick as our feet could take us.

"Looks like a bit of a fixer upper." Velma states, she always does pay attention to every detail to all the places we visit in the past, our attention was pulled away by two boys on bikes.

"Nice job last night." The one says.

"Losers!" They say together, showing us a thumbs down, laughing afterwards. "Quick, we need to think of a comeback." Daphne says, why couldn't she just ignore the children.

"What dorks." They say, laughing driving away on their bikes.

"Hey! Shut up!" She yells after them, it only made them laugh even more.

"That's a good one." Shaggy says, being the only one who agrees to what she yelled to a bunch of children. I went forward pulling on the doorbell, to get this over with.

"You are trespassing on Wickles' Manor. Leave now or pay the price."

Well that's one way to welcome your guests or make them feel welcome,and by Shaggy's expression he wasn't feeling very welcome. "What jerk makes that his doorbell?" Daphne asks, also not too impressed.

"Dude..."

Fred was ready to ring the doorbell once again. "He just said we'd pay the price." Shaggy reminds him, it only made the other male shake his head at him. "Shaggy, Shaggy, Shaggy. What could possibly happen by ringing a doorbell?" he asks, lifting his eyebrow ringing the doorbell.

Out of nowhere, there was no floor under my feet, we fell straight down, turns out we were standing on top of a trapped door, grabbing a hold of the closest thing, which was Shaggy. I held on tightly as we fell into a cage, it rolled down a rail, it didn't stop me from holding onto Shaggy even tighter hiding my head in his shoulder, screaming in fear.

"Help me!"

"Shaggy!"

Our cage came to a dudden stop, making all of us fall on top of each other.

"I think I pulled something."

"That's what can happen by ringing a doorbell Fred! That!" Shaggy snaps staring at Fred.

"At 7pm the owner will be home to set you free."

My current position wasn't very comfortable and it was hard to get up, but atleast we weren't the only ones stuck in cages like dogs, a little girl in one and salesmen in the other cage.

"You want to buy a box of cookies?"

"Excuse me. Have you heard the good news?"

"Yeah. There's cookies!" Scooby states excitedly.

I got up from the pile dusting off my clothes, I saw Velma struggling to get up. "Watch the junk!" Fred snaps at her.

"Sorry."

I gave her a helping hand, pulling her up to her feet, she sends me a smile of gratitude, my attention was taken by the lock. "Uhm, Velma..." I call out to her, pointing at the lock. "Oh, brother. The lock's on a laser thumbprint scanner." She says hopelessly.

"Let me just get to my make up." Daphne says, getting up on her feet. "Daph, now?" Velma asks her confused. Daphne only started looking through her purse. "You know what, Velma? It's never too late to learn to properly apply make up." She says to her, taking a closer at the scanner, taking out everything she needs.

"Okay. The last good thumbprint should still be there so..."

"...a little blush..."

"...a pore strip..."

"...and viola."

The cage opened up, making me sigh out in relief.

"All right, Daph!" Shaggy says helping me to take a step out of the metal contraption. "I enjoy being a girl." Daphne says happily.

We helped the others get out of the cages and moved out of the basement.

"Thank you!"

"See if I can get my mechanic's job back."

The two gentleman quickly made their way out of the house, the girl was counting the money of all the cookies Shaggy and Scooby begged me to buy them, most were already eaten.

"Twenty, thirty..."

"Thanks for the cookies." Scooby says.

"Fourty, fifty. Welcome. Sixty, seventy."

We were all taking a look around, when Shaggy spoke up. "Okay, gang. Let's, like, split up and search for clues. Scooby and I will go this way. Come on, Scoob." Shaggy says walking down a hallway, they were really taking this whole detective thing seriously.

"I'll follow them, to keep them out of trouble." I quickly say, following the two I could hear Fred saying. "They stole my thing that I say." It made me laugh.

*•Unedited•*

*(A/N- I apologize for the late updates but I'll make up for it by posting a few more chapters, as soon as I can.)*