Scent

The night had fallen some time ago and the moon was high up in the sky already. A lean hooded figure was walking on a path near a rive just outside of the town.

˝Full moon tonight.˝ Kai thought

It didn't surprise him that it was a full moon. He was feeling the effects for a week now. This actually came as a relief to him. He always hated those few days before the full moon when his mood was changing on a daily basis. He gazed up with his eyes over the bright surface so far away from him. His eyes were darker now, slightly tinted with red inside the irises.
He started walking silently again. He enjoyed the fresh air, that's why he loved these walks , when he could be away from the towns crowdedness and filth , in a place where he could actually feel the breeze and the scents that came with it.He wished he wasn't on a job at that moment, so he could just lay in the grass and sleep under the stars. But this was important and if it wasn't resolved quickly he will never have peace that he wished for.

There weren't that many people out in this hour. It didn't surprise him, not with all those attacks happening lately. People were scared even though they couldn't even imagine what was the cause of the attacks. Kai didn˙t have to imagine what was causing them. He knew exactly what it was but couldn't find the origin, the person, or people who were behind it.

He was starting to doubt his abilities . He never had a problem of finding people, to get the information he needed. Well, not until now that is.

The problem with this new case was that there was something really off with the crime scenes. Whenever he comes to investigate he gets distracted by a familiar scent. He calls it familiar because it feels like he should know that scent, that he should know its owner, and even the name is on the tip of his tongue every time he senses it but he can't get it out. And it frustrates him. He is an Alpha after all, and yet he feels week whenever that scent fills his nostril's, his head gets dizzy and the heat covers his body like he is having a fever.

He mentioned it to Sehun, the Beta from his pack and his best friend, but Sehun didn't sense anything. He thinks Kai is letting these cases get to him and that he probably just needs some sleep. He can't argue with him on that because it is true. But he doesn't think that this scent he feels in his entire body is something of his imagination. It is so real. He knows it's real.

˝I don t think I'll find anything tonight .˝ he says to himself.

He turned around and started walking back home. There were no lights on the street where he was walking , he preferred the dark anyway. Suddenly he smelled it , he smelled that sweet scent and it was getting nearer and nearer. He almost thought that he will see a person around the corner , that he will see the person that scent belonged to but the only thing he saw was a silver truck passing him by few meters away from him. His heart almost broke, it was like he lost something, but then , the truck drove by him and the scent became unbearably sweet and inviting and he turned around with wild eyes.

He knew that the owner of the scent was in that truck. He could feel the fear of that person.
He wanted to follow but the truck was speeding up and the next moment it was gone. It felt like somebody pulled his heart from his chest.

˝That scent.. Could it be..' he muttered to himself falling to his knees.

He heard the stories, he even saw it happen to a few of his pack members but he never thought it would happen to him.

He lost that hope a long time ago. But now it was here. His person was here.

His Omega.

~●~

Kyungsoo was trapped. His hands were tied behind his back and his ankles were bound together so he couldn't move. He couldn't move an inch and he wasn't able to scream either because his mouth was gagged. He honestly wished they covered his nose too because the smell was disgusting. It was even worse than the last place they kept him. They moved him two days ago to a new place. Of course he didn t know where he was.