Safe

Kai was so tired. The day started out really good, Sehun came to get him and they went out to meet up with Suho . They were going to cover the half of the list the members made of possible locations of his Omega, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were already working on the other half. And he really hoped they will at least find something, a clue. But there was nothing. None of the places they checked had that sweet scent that makes his heart skip a beat.
They were in the car on their way to the apartment, it was almost eleven already. Chanyeol and Baekhyun haven't contacted them yet. None of them said a word . Suho told him a few times that they will look for more places tomorrow, as long as it takes for them to find his friend.
His friend..... Suho didn't know what this person really means to him, but then again he couldn't blame him for that since he never told them anything. No one really knew except Sehun. He couldn't bring himself to tell the others what was going on because he felt he would break in front of them and he couldn't do that.
He was the leader and he had to act like one, even though right now he felt so small.
When they came to the apartment he told Sehun and Suho that he isn't feeling very well and that he was going to get some rest. Suho just looked at him sympathetically and gave him a pat on the back, telling him that everything was going to be okay. Kai didn't even look at Sehun because he already knew how Kai felt. He felt his gaze following him while he was going up the stairs to his room.

He entered the room and closed the door. His feet gave up in that moment and he felt his knees hitting the floor. His head fell down into his hands and he pulled at his hair in frustration. He needed that person. He was so done being alone. If he didn't feel his mates scent the way he did that night when he saw the truck, it would probably be a lot easier. He would feel alone, sure, but he was used to that feeling. He wasn't used to this one. He felt like he lost something and he didn't know how to get it back. He felt incomplete. Even more then before.
He tried to think of the feeling that scent was causing him. But this time the memory was weaker than before. He was afraid that he would lose it completely and didn't want that to happen.
Suddenly he was brought back from his dark thoughts by a buzzing sound. And it came from his jacket. He pulled out his phone and saw it was Baekhyun who is calling so he immediately answered.
"Anything.?" was all he asked , already prepared to hear the bad news.
There was a small pause before the other person answered.
"We found him. " he heard Baekhyun say and he was on his feet in the next moment.
"I'll send you the address." Baekhyun added and that was all Kai needed to hear before he disconnected the call.
His hands were shaking when he was putting the phone back to his pocket.

"They found him. " he whispered to himself his eyes wide and his voice shocked .
He turned around and ran out of his room to find Sehun and Suho. He found them in the living room. They both stood up when he came in.

"I just got a call from Baekhyun... " his voice was hoarse " They found him." Sehun's face was reflecting the same shocked expression that was quickly replaced with a huge grin. Kai watched him and smiled himself, the realization finally hitting him. It was the most honest smile he has had on his face in years.
"Well, what are we waiting for? " Sehun said while putting one of his hands around Kai's shoulders "We have an Omega to save." he added and they were on their way in a matter of seconds.
Baekhyun sent the address to Kai's phone. He asked them to park a block away where him and Chanyeol will be waiting. They didn't want to be seen by anyone .
They arrived after about 20 minutes but it felt longer for Kai. His heart was beating so fast it threatened to fly out of his chest.

He was so close... He was so close to actually see his person. To actually hold him. He was still in shock. He couldn't believe this is actually happening.
They parked the car and saw Baek and Chanyeol walking towards them.
"Okay, we think this will be easy" Baekhyun said when they were still getting out of the car.
" Only two wolves, they are Beta's but there are only two of them. The Omega is on the other side of the room in something that looks like a jail. " he said and at that Kai felt his anger rise and a growl escaped his lips.
"He doesn't look good Kai. " Chanyeol said looking at Kai with something like pity. "I have to be honest with you. He looks a bit weak although we weren't able to see his face. When we go in you should try to keep your cool and don't do anything stupid, nothing that could risk his life." Chanyeol added with seriousness in his voice .