Chapter 8

Carrie was gone for two weeks as part of her tour. Mike had kept busy while being in his hockey season. Their relationship however, remained as strong as ever between the late night phone calls, text messages, and Facetimes. They would pray together every night before they ended their conversations which bad their relationship even stronger.

It was around eleven when Carrie got on her tour bus after a lively show in Dallas. She checked her phone only to see no texts from Mike which was very unusual. He would always text her either a "good luck" or a "can't wait to talk to you tonight" by then. She didn't let it bother her too much though and decided to call him even though he was usually the first to do so. The phone continued to ring until it got sent to voicemail.

"Hey, Mark," Carrie stopped the bass player as he was getting ready to pass the mini living room on the tour bus. "Have you talked to Mike recently?"

"No," he replied. "He had a game at Anaheim today and I heard they won that. It was a pretty big win. I bet ya they're out celebrating."

"Oh, okay, thanks," she nodded.

The next day, the big win for the Predators was all over Nashville news. Everyone was talking about it. Stories were published about the team celebrating pretty big. Pictures were posted of the team getting pretty drunk and partying pretty hard. Carrie enjoyed the story though that said that Mike and some of the other guys cut their night off early by taking a cab back to their hotel. Knowing Mike was safe and wasn't having too much to drink made Carrie happy. She couldn't help but call him the next morning.

"Hey, babe," he answered.

"Hey, I've missed hearing from you," Carrie told him.

"I had a game last night," he replied.

"You could have texted or called afterwards. I was kind of worried," Carrie said.

"I went out with the guys," he responded.

"I know, I read about it in the news. It sounds like you were a good boy," Carrie replied playfully. "I'm proud of you."

"Uh-huh," he answered shortly. "Well I gotta go."

"Wait," she stopped him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he said in an annoyed tone.

"Obviously there's something wrong or I did something wrong," she said very concerned. "Talk to me, please."

"Just stop being so worried about me. I can handle everything just fine. I'm a grown adult and you always treat me like a child. A relationship is supposed be full of trust and I'm not getting any of that from you."

"Mike, I do trust you, and that is what scares me. When I found you, you were at a bar drunk off your ass to the point where I had to help you home and it scared me to death so you should be able to understand that I get a little hesitant when you go out to the bar with your friends," Carrie replied in a loud tone starting to get frustrated.

"You know I've changed! I'm not the same guy that I was months ago and you know that! Hell, you're the one that changed me!" Mike yelled back. "I'm going to a meeting. Have fun on your tour."

Before Carrie could say anything back, Mike had hung up. Rude she thought. I know he's changed for the better. He's changed into the guy he's always been and that makes me really happy. Why can't he just understand that I don't want that to change? I trust this man so much. We've built a strong faith with each other and I love him. I might be too scared to tell him that but I do. I wish he would understand. I wish somebody out there would just understand.