Sated...

Glare:

I sat on a wooden bench, with Atlas smiling across from me. His eyes were sparkling, mischievous, endearing.

"So? How is it?"

"Hot." I replied, smiling. Fanning my mouth, as I reached for a table napkin.

"Best chilidog in town! I mean, I'm sure you're used to fine dining and all, but this here food truck serves the best chilidogs and mushroom burgers."

"I must admit, I've never had anything like this before." I reached for the rootbeer in can that he offered. Taking a sip, then placing it on the table we shared.

"Did I just pop your chilidog cherry?"

"I'm afraid so." I chuckled.

"I'm honored then." He took a bite of his chiliburger, but his eyes were still staring at me.

"You said you had concerns? About the house?" I tried to sound serious, but his smile made me feel giddy.

"Ah yes, the house. Well, Dave and I discovered a few things that need our attention that weren't originally in the list of things that needed to be repaired. Trusses, gutters, waterproofing..."

"I trust your judgement. You come highly recommended. Any additional repairs will be compensated. Just send me the bill on a weekly basis so I can pay for it immediately to avoid causing you any inconvenience."

"You could pay me when everything's done, you know. I'm not in a hurry to collect..."

"No, no. I prefer to be ahead of any deadlines. Paying in advance or on a weekly basis ensures that I do not cause you any problems with your budget."

"I guess you're used to this set-up then? Barrier Constructions isn't the only company that you've extended this kind of consideration?"

"If there's one thing that I'm known for, Mr. Barrier, it is for my being considerate. I do not wish to inconvenience you or your crew in any way."

"It's Atlas. And you could never inconvenience me in any way."

"I should hope not. But just incase you run into any hiccups along the way with the repairs, please inform me immediately. I would greatly appreciate it." I handed him a calling card with my personal cell number and email. He reached for the card slowly, like it was the Holy Grail. 

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind." He smiled, studying my lavender and silver calling card.

"I must go. I'm sure you have other things you need to tend to as well?" I asked, cleaning up after myself, and throwing the wrappers and paper plate in a nearby trash bin. Wiping my hands on my trousers, I extended my right hand to shake his in parting.

"Will I see you again?" He sounded panicked.

"Of course. I'll be sure to drop by and check on your progress at least once a week."

"May I visit you in your office? I mean, if there's something I want to discuss?" He looked hopeful, even lost.

"Anytime. My door's always open for you... Atlas." I nodded, seeing his face beam once more with happiness.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then." He exclaimed excitedly, finally taking the hand I offered and giving it a firm handshake.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes. I'll bring some designs for the layout of the house. That's if you can spare me a minute of your time?" His cheeks started to color slightly.

"Alright. I'll meet up with you then. Text or call, you have my number." We slowly released our grip on each other's hand.

"Oh I will. I most certainly will." His smile was contagious.

"Thanks for the meal then. It was delicious."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"You were right, the food was great. And the company was extremely enjoyable. I'll see you tomorrow, Atlas."

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Glare." I noticed he had his right hand resting on where his heart is.

I smiled, and turned to walk away, feeling happy to have met someone as interesting as Atlas Barrier.