Reach...

Atlas:

"So."

"So?"

"I was thinking."

"Oh wow, you can do that?"

"Har har har." I punched Glare's right arm playfully, and he flinched.

"I'm driving here! Hello?" He feigned annoyance.

"As if! This SUV uses automatic transmission. Not like it's hard work." I huffed.

"Just don't blame me if I ram your vehicle against a tree, okay?"

"I'd rather ram it hard into you. Preferably against a glass window." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He had his left brow raised.

"Nothing." I smirked. "Seriously, we should celebrate, you know?"

"Celebrate?"

"Yeah! We just completed a mission." I shuddered at the memory of how I felt like humping the half-fish creature who wanted to drown me awhile ago. "We ought to reward ourselves or something. How 'bout we go out tonight? Let me take you to dinner. Somewhere classy."

"Oooh, sounds fancy. Is this a date?" His eyes were twinkling.

"Could be. Sure. Why not?" I shrugged making it seem like I wasn't planning anything special.

"Great response. So romantic." Glare replied sarcastically.

"Yeah, well you know me. Anyways, up for it?"

"I guess, I mean I don't have anything planned tonight."

"Your enthusiasm is over the top." I grumbled, a bit annoyed.

"You started it." Glare replied almost in a whisper.

"Pick you up at seven?"

"Okay."

"Wear something... formal?" I reminded.

"Of course. Bow tie or necktie?"

"Your choice." I smiled at him.

"Oh wait I just remembered, the house is still under renovation, and I'm not sure where my mom and sister are staying right now. How 'bout I just meet you there?"

"But that'll ruin the surprise!" I complained.

"Nonsense, let's meet up at a bar first. Then you can bring me to wherever you plan to take me for dinner." Glare suggested.

"Hmmm, not a bad idea. Alright, meet me at the bar called 'Clink' for some drinks, then I'll drive us to where I plan to bring you for our very first date." I could not help but smile widely at the thought.

"This should be fun. I haven't been out of the house for quite some time now. I never really enjoyed pretending to like being all cozy with strangers."

"I know the feeling. I mean, I'm a very private person too. I don't like it when there are too many people trying to get into my business, you know?" I huffed.

"Same here. I just leave all the socializing to my mom and Genevieve. I'd rather stay home and sleep or watch old movies."

"It seems we have something in common. This is nice, I'm getting to know you a little better. So, what movies do you like?"

"Mostly RomComs. The horror flicks don't really scare me. I mean, due to all the pictures in several magic books that I had to read, and all the gruesome spells that I had to memorize to vanquish demons and monsters, the make-believe movies have lost their appeal."

"I like old western movies. Cowboys and Indians. My dad used to watch those kinds of movies with me and Ares. Those were the good old days." I chuckled.

"So, what's your favorite?"

"There's several of them... but my favorite is Legends Of The Fall, with Brad Pitt. You know, the one where three brothers fall in love with the same woman?"

"That's not that old." He giggled.

"I guess but still, it's a classic in my opinion. What about you?"

"I love While You were Sleeping. That's my most absolute favorite."

"The one where there's a guy in a comma?" I vaguely remembered the movie. I think I saw a re-run of it in one of those movie channels that I have on my T.V.

"That's the one." Glare smiled.

"Hmm, I think I watched that a few years back. I've forgotten some parts of the movie though."

"Probably because it wasn't that interesting to you."

"I guess, but hey I'd love to watch it again with you." I exclaimed.

"That would be nice. We could do that on our second date." He suggested.

"So that means you'd still like to see me again?" I felt all sheepish. "You haven't grown tired of me yet?"

"Not yet... and I don't think I'll ever grow tired of you Atlas Barrier. You're one interesting person to have around."

"And I don't think I'll ever not love you Glare Rosewater. You are one cute and lovable person to be around."

"Why thank you kind sir, that is quite a nice thing to say."

"You're welcome, and by the way..." He turned to look sweetly at me. "It's the truth." And I watched him blush, as I reached for his hand.