7-Him

I keep wiping my hands on my jeans as she pulls the car into park. I just spent the whole time talking about flowers like a ducking idiot. Girls don't like men who garden. And she certainly wouldn't expect someone like me doing it.

I talked so much that I didn't even let her get a word in. Monroe unbuckles her seat belt and gets out of the truck, after one last deep breath I do the same.

The place she parked was a couple blocks away from the cafe so we had to walk. It's a nice day out, a little chilly but I enjoyed walking beside her, even if it was in silence.

I'm paying attention to the flowers in the flower shop when she suddenly stops and gets in front of me. "Stay here." She motions with her hands and then darts inside he shop.

About two minutes later she comes out with a single rose in her hand and she holds up on my direction, smiling at me. "Here, I got it for you."

I look at her shocked. She got me flowers? I thought she would want flowers. Should I go in there and get her flowers? I'm about to walk in the store but she places a hand on my chest mid stride. And like she's reading my mind she says, "I don't want any flowers, I just want you to take my flower."

She really doesn't want any flowers? I'm about to ask if she's sure but she cuts me off "I'm sure, I don't want any flowers."

It's like she's actually reading my mind.

I look down at the rose as I slowly take it from her hands. I feel my face heat up as a smile breaks out on my face as I look back up at her and say, "thank you."

She nods happily and we begin to walk again as I carefully hold the rose in my left hand.

As we're walking she starts talking. "I know what you can give me instead of flowers."

I turn to her to see a grin on her face.

I tilt my head in question.

Instead of telling me what she wants she shows me. She grabs my right hand and intertwines our fingers together, instantly making my whole body warm and my cheeks heat again.

She swings our connected arms like we've done this a million times before as she wears a content smile on her face.

I don't know what we're doing right now but I love it and never want it to end.

But it does, and far too soon for my liking we arrive at the cafe and the doorbell rings as Monroe's  pushes it open.

I look around as she guides us to an empty table. It's not too packed in here but it is lively, luckily no one is paying attention to us as we sit down.

She sits down and I do the same.

This cafe has menu's on the table so when your ready to order you just go up to the register.

My gaze lands on her face as i watch her read the menu, her face in this adorable thinking pose.

"So what are you gonna get?"

My eyes snap to hers at the question. She has the menu in her hands and she looks at me, waiting for me to answer.

I embarrassingly clear my throat because I wasn't even looking at what I wanted to eat and slowly pick up the menu.

I decide I don't know what to eat so I'll just get whatever she gets.

"What are you going to get?" I ask.

She hums while quickly glancing over the food choices again. "I think I'm gonna get a grilled chicken sandwich with pepper Jack cheese, a side of fries, and if I have room I'll get a slice of strawberry shortcake, if not I'll just take it to go."