Chapter I

𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 with nature overtaking as far as the eye can see, a sight anyone would love to lay their eyes on. Like many lands, royalty and peasant folk ruled the majority. The area we speak of is a small town with a queen as the ruler. Present time, she had finally decided to let the prince explore the kingdom.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"G'morning Ma'am! Are you perhaps interested in-" The clerk was cut off by a flash of white hair and a bump of his stand. "What-what the?!" He looked down to find numerous of his items gone. "UGH THAT BRAT," he shouted as he looked around, practically snapping his neck with how desperately he looked for the infamous thief. Meanwhile in an alleyway, this so-called thief snickered at the sight, he took a bite of one fruit he had successfully taken with a sly smile.

"I wonder what I should steal later..." His train of thought was cut off by the sudden bombardment of people. He could hear shouts and see townsfolk running around like a chicken without a head. Still in the alleyway, he watched in amusement. What could possibly cause everyone to act so irrational?

"THE PRINCE IS COMING INTO TOWN, EVERYONE GET READY!!" someone shouted.

'The prince?' he thought curiously. He knew the queen never liked the prince going out on his own so no one really ever saw him. He decided to postpone his plan so he could catch a sight of the mysterious prince.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Inside the castle was no different. The queen was regretting her decision of letting her precious son go out on his own. "Are you sure you'll be alright Gon? How about I send one guard to follow you?"

"Mom, I'll be alright. No need to worry, I can take care of myself. Besides, we ran out of bread so I could get some while I'm out!" Gon exclaimed with a bright smile.

"Promise me you'll be alright?" Mito asked, holding her pinkie out.

"Promise!" Gon confirmed, taking her pinky in his.

"𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞. 𝐖𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬. 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬!" Pressing their thumbs together, Gon was finally prepared to head out. The queen waved to him before turning to converse with Bisky, her right-hand woman.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Gon was taking in the scenery, skipping around and happily entering the town. Everyone he passed could only admire the boy. The aroma he brought to the town just made everything seem so...bright. The flowers looked more vibrant, the mood was calmer and peaceful, the world seemed to be how everyone saw it in their childhood. Who in the world is this boy? Everyone would think. Gon, unknownst to all the chatter, looked around in excitement. Another thing he didn't seem to notice was the pair of sapphire eyes looking at him with amazement.

Before Gon had reached the area Killua was in, Killua was getting impatient. 'Geez, can the prince be any slower?' Just as Killua was about to leave, miraculously, the prince arrived. He turned back around when he could hear the whispered conversions praising the prince. He rolled his eyes before peering from behind the wall. His face morphed into one of shock when he could see the boy. 'How can someone look so bright?' He thought. "It's like he's light itself," Killua muttered under his breath.