Chapter IX

𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 through the forest, Gon couldn't stop smiling. Despite knowing he was disobeying his mother, he couldn't help but see the person he adored the most. Gon was intrigued by Killua, everything about him was just so mesmerizing. His hair was one striking feature that Gon liked. He hoped that one day he could stop the curious thoughts and find out if Killua's hair was as soft as he thinks.

He was sad knowing he wouldn't be able to see him tomorrow, but that didn't need to last long. Finally arriving at where he climbed over the wall, Gon looked around for any signs of guards on patrol. Confirming there wasn't, he made his way over to where his bedroom window was located once climbing over. Taking a hold of the bottom part of the window, he pushed it up and slowly started to make his way inside.

Once he was fully inside the room (falling in with a painful thud), Gon proceeded to dust off his shirt before looking around. His eyes trailed to the door and suddenly, he felt his blood run cold. Standing just outside Gon's room was the Queen, Bisky, and Kite. Bisky wore a face of shame, while as Mito wore a disappointed but angry look, her arms crossed in a disapproving way. Gon stood in silence, not knowing how to explain himself. "Moommm...what uh, what are you doing in my room?"

"Where were you today?" Avoiding eye contact, Gon looked towards the ground. "Well? Explain yourself." Not having the guts to lie, he ended up telling the truth, knowing the dire consequences he would face.

"I went to see Killua..." he muttered.

"You went against my word to see that boy?! It seems like I wasn't clear enough with my demands. This was your last chance Gon, now you've lost it. Until you prove I can trust you again, you'll never leave this castle. I know what I say won't do anything to stop you, so Kite here will guard your room." Handing him nails and a hammer, Mito pointed to the window. Gon's eyes widened, every hope he had to see Killua again was taken away from him just like that.

"NO! Please mom, please don't do this," dropping to his knees, Gon pleated. He watched in horror as Kite nailed his window shut. He then turned to face Bisky, his only hope of escaping. She looked away before heading out of his room with Mito by her side. Kite said nothing as he headed to lock the door, looking up with a sad expression at the sight of the dear prince, he closed it with a dreadful click.

Getting up, Gon headed for the first obvious exit, he desperately tried to open the door. 'No luck.' Turning to the window, he did everything to budge it open. Trying to pry the nails off ended up with him accidentally cutting himself. He winced at the pain, dropping to the floor with a loud thud. He didn't care about his cut, he was more concerned about Killua.

Standing up yet again, he started to bang on the window. Tears now falling nonstop, his punches began to falter. He slowly slid down to the floor, hands now in fists on the wall. Through hiccups he could only question himself.

"How will Killua know I care for him when I can't be by his side?"