Chapter IV

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 never seen you awake so early! Care to explain why you seem so eager to do something?" Mito asked, leaning on the counter in her sleeping attire---sipping her morning coffee.

"What do you mean? I'm not eager to do anything?" Gon said, confused about what his mother was saying.

"Honey, you're putting juice in your cereal and your clothes are mismatched." With a face of embarrassment he realized what she said was true. Gon looked down and saw he was wearing red polka dotted pajama pants with a fancy silk top.

"UAH!" Gon quickly jumped from his seat and rushed to his room, clearly wanting to change immediately. Mito let out a small laugh before dumping Gon's cereal and putting the right liquid for it. When he came back, Gon was now dressed in a light brown top with loose sleeves and a pair of simple black shorts. Mito didn't mind his attire as she understood that the fancy clothes they usually wore were, majority of the time, uncomfortable. However, she was puzzled with one article of clothing that stood out.

"Gon, why are you wearing a cloak?"

"Well uh, I was wondering if I could go back into town? I wanted to go back without so many people staring at me so I thought a cloak would be a good disguise."

"Oh goodness, is this why you were so out of it? You could've just said you wanted to go out again, I would've said yes anyways." Suddenly, Mito could feel a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She patted her son's head before scolding him. "Even so! Please pay attention next time or just tell me, I had to throw away perfectly good food! It's not good to waste and you know that!"

"I'm sorry mom, I'll make sure to pay attention next time!" Mito knew she couldn't resist Gon's smile so she gave up on giving him a long lecture. Gon went onto his tiptoes to match Mito's height and gave her a small kiss on the cheek before waving a temporary goodbye. Before he could get out the door however, he could hear her shout to him. She pointed to his breakfast and he muttered a small 'whoops' before going back and eating.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Gon didn't know exactly where to find Killua so he decided to stay near the square as that was the last place they encountered. He patiently waited on a bench, swinging his legs back and forth as he glanced around for any signs of Killua. Killua was in fact in the town, however, he was trying to get himself breakfast. Not noticing Gon was searching for him he extended his hand for a cream filled bread. Unexpectedly he heard a shout which had caused him to retract his hand and act like he wasn't doing anything. "KILLUA!!" Gon yelled excitedly while waving his hands in the air, clearly trying to get his attention. It may have worked a little too well as now everyone near was staring at the two.

Killua didn't know what to do since he never had so much attention on him. With numerous choices appearing in his head, he decided to just approach Gon so he would stop yelling to get his attention. As he came out of the shadows he could hear everything the townsfolk were saying, it really caused him to feel self conscious and uncomfortable all throughout his walk to Gon. The several pairs of eyes judging his every movement caused cold shivers to occur every few seconds. Each step he took felt like he was walking down the walk of shame, no one knew him as a good kid, all they knew was that he stole and that's it.

Finally reaching Gon he muttered an awkward, "Hello." He didn't really know what to say next so he fiddled with his hands while waiting for Gon to say something.

"Glad I found you again! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me?" With an excited tone, he waited for Killua's answer.

"Hang out? Just the two of us?" Killua asked.