Chapter II

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 for directions, Gon made his way into the bakery. He was immediately hit with the smell of bread, it was honestly a very welcoming scent to him. Behind the counter stood a blond..girl? "Oh! Welcome sir, you can call me Mr. Kurta. Is there anything I can help you with?" 'Oh, it's a boy. Whoops-' Gon thought. He waited for the boy to wipe the flour off his hands before saying what he would like.

"Morning Mr. Kurta! Could I please get four loaves of bread?" Kurapika, who was now turning around to respond to his customer, was shocked when he got a look at the boy. He immediately bowed when he saw the expensive clothing of fabric the boy was wearing. He assumed this was the prince everyone was talking about. This action however caused Gon to panic. "No need to bow!" He said while waving his hands in the air, signaling a no. Kurapika obeyed and stood back up, his posture clearly showing he was very tense.

Gon frowned, somehow he knew the boy was uncomfortable. "Please don't be nervous! I promise I'm very nice!" He said, trying to reassure Kurapika. Once he had calmed down a bit, Gon smiled and waited patiently for his bread.

"Sorry about that, four loaves right?"

"Mhm! Also, no need to worry. I understand why you were so stressed." Gon said as he went to grab the bread.

"Thank you..?"

"Gon, Gon Freecss. Pleasure to be acquainted!" He said as he held out his hand, waiting eagerly for a handshake.

Kurapika gladly took it, "Pleasures all mine." They both smiled before proceeding with the transaction.

"How much do I owe you?" Gon asked, already pulling out his wallet.

"Let's see..." Kurapika said as he wrote down on his notepad, seeming to be calculating the math. "The total comes out to $18 even." Pulling out his wallet, Gon handed Kurapika $30. Kurapika wasn't paying attention and just waved to Gon as he was about to head out the door. Finally looking down, he went into a full-fledged panic. "WAIT!" he called out.

"Hm?" Gon said looking back, already halfway out the door.

"You overpaid!" Rushing to the boy, he tried to give the money back. Gon only pushed it away.

"Keep it, I insist."

"Are you sur-?"

"Absolutely positive."

"Thank you so much Gon, I really appreciate it."

"Of course! I hope to see you again Mr. Kurta."

"Me too, oh, and Gon?"

"Yes?"

"You can call me Kurapika, k?"

"Ok!" Gon said happily, finally leaving the bakery. Kurapika watched from the window as he went to his next destination. 'What an amazing boy,' he thought before getting back to work.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

'Maybe I should get mom some flowers..I think she'd like that!' Gon thought as he passed by the flower shop. He was welcomed by a kind looking woman and a whole bunch of flowers. "Hello..I'm Palm. Call me if you need any assistance," the lady said.

"Alright Ms. Palm." As his eyes traveled around the countless different flowers, he spotted the perfect one. 'Celestial night rose, perfect!' "Excuse me? Ms. Palm? I would like to take these please." He said as he carefully placed the flowers on the counter.

"The total comes out to $20." Handing her $30 as well, he quickly rushed out so he didn't have to confront her about his overpayment. He felt content with his decision but soon felt bored. He didn't really have anything else to do so he decided to just enter any random building for fun. He chose a building with the sign 'Beer 'n Chips'. Once he stepped into the door, the smell of alcohol hit him like a truck. He grimaced at the smell but still looked around. He was promptly stopped by a tall man in a well-tailored suit.

"You shouldn't be here kid!" He exclaimed.

"Why not? I'm not bothering anyone."

"This place is for adults, you shouldn't be here. It isn't safe for a kid like yourself."

"Awe, alright. I'll head out. Mind if I know your name though?"

"Mr. Leorio, nice to meet you."

"I'm Gon. Oh! Before I leave though, here's a rose," he said as he pulled a singular rose from the bouquet he had bought.

"How thoughtful, thanks kiddo," Leorio said as he ruffled his hair. Gon gave a small giggle before heading out. Right as he stepped out the door however, someone knocked into him and caused him to drop everything he had. Gon didn't even have the chance to apologize before the person left. He did however remember them having beautiful silver hair.

"His royal highness! Are you alright?" a man asked, helping the boy up.

"I'm quite alright. Did you see who bumped into me though?" Gon had asked while picking up the fallen flowers.

"Don't bother your majesty. The kid who bumped into you is nothing but a thief. You should stay away from him. Besides, he had the audacity to not even apologize, that brat has no manners." Gon looked in the other direction where the kid should have ran. He didn't feel angry that the kid didn't apologize. He was mostly upset that he didn't get to apologize. He was the one in the way as he randomly stepped out the door so technically it was his fault. 'I should really apologize...' he thought as he made it his goal to find the kid.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Killua didn't plan on bumping into the prince. He just wanted to get away from the women chasing him! He did feel guilty for knocking his stuff over and not apologizing, but he was more concerned with his survival at that moment. 'The past is the past,' Killua thought as he continued to run. Making his way into the woods, he maneuvered through the trees like it was the back of his palm.

It would only be a few minutes till he reached his destination. A ladder leading up to a treehouse—--his only home. He quickly advanced up the ladder and once at the top, gathered the ropes so as to not allow anyone or anything to come up. "Man, I'm beat," he said as he stretched. Going to his hammock on the side, he laid down for a small rest. Everything was peaceful and alright until his brain decided to put images of a certain boy in his thoughts. The statements that filled Killua's brain could all be traced back to the boy. 'He has pretty eyes, like honey basking in the sun. His outfit was lovely too, suited him very nicel-' Killua's eyes shot open.

Once realizing he was thinking of the boy, he proceeded to slap himself. 'WHY AM I THINKING OF HIM?!?!'  Killua was now up and pacing back and forth. He tried to do the things he loved to distract him from the thoughts he kept having. Practicing his yo-yo skills, eating fruit, literally anything he did didn't work. His brain would always go back to the boy when he spaced out even for a second. "UGH!" He said, ruffling his hair in the process.

Killua was about to pep talk himself in the mirror before he heard his stomach grumbling. "Maybe I should get some food to distract myself..? It'll be the perfect distraction! YES! Beat that brain!" Now making his way down the ladder little did he know he would encounter the boy he really hoped not to see.