Chapter VIII

𝐖𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 Killua's tears, Gon then goes to hold his hands. "Now, what would you like to do? I uh, sorta didn't plan this far ahead-" Killua thought for a moment, suddenly, the perfect place came to mind. Lifting Gon up from the ground while not letting go of his hand, he slowly starts to lead him to the place in question.

"Well, since you showed me the place that brings you happiness and an escape from reality, I thought I could show you what place brings that out in me." Killua unexpectedly lets go of Gon's hand and turns to face him. "Do you trust me?" he asks. Gon looks at him with a smile.

"With all my heart."

Holding his hand out yet again, Gon gladly accepts. A few minutes pass and the two arrived at yet another breathtaking scenery. A large lake with countless signs of life thriving all around. The water that was basking in the sunlight gave it that beautiful glow that even the shiniest diamond couldn't compare to. Gon looked at the scene with admiration, the color of his eyes showing its honey-like appearance when the sun hit it just right. "It's...it's just...wow," Gon says in between breaths of shock, not finding the right words to properly compliment the scenery before him.

"It's breathtaking, don't you agree? Can't believe I found this place when I was a little boy. Been trying to take care of it to the best of my ability." Gon nodded his head in agreement before spotting a tree to go under. As he made his way to seek the shade under the tree, he began to take small articles of clothing off, like his cloak. Once reaching the tree, he took off his shirt.

Killua, who was following Gon to the tree, stopped in his tracks. He didn't feel his face become hot as he turned around in the other direction. "W-what are you doing?!"

"I'm going to swim! It is a hot day, isn't it? Care to join me?" Gon asked as he neatly folded his clothes while setting them down. Not waiting for a response, he ran towards the lake and cannonballed into the water. Laughing with delight as the water cooled down his body he proceeded to look over at Killua. "You coming?"

Killua, who was not paying attention to what Gon had said, was clutching his heart as he felt as if it would pound out of his chest any second. The way the sun reflected on Gon, and the way his hair flattened due to the water made Killua think he was an angel sent from above. And my god that smile, he could melt at the sight.

"...Killua?"

"KILLUA!"

"Wha- huh? Yeah?"

"You were spacing out, are you coming in or not?"

"Hmm, nah I'm good," Killua said with a smirk, a plan forming in his head.

"Awww." Gon looked away, sad that Killua wasn't going to join him for a swim. What he didn't expect was Killua pulling a surprise cannonball just in front of him. As the water splashed both of them, laughter soon began to fill the air. The two swam around for what felt like hours, in this time period they both learned so much more about each other, bonding in the process.

After the boys were tuckered out from all the swimming, they laid on the grass to admire the stars above. A fire just a few inches away with the purpose of keeping them warm. "Do you have anything planned for tomorrow?" Killua asks.

"Sadly, I do. I won't be able to see you tomorrow as I have to do chores and homework. I'm really sorry about that, I would totally come back if it wasn't for my responsibilities!"

"It's alright, I understand. Promise you'll see me again when you have the chance?" Gon sat up from laying down and held his pinky out. Killua looked at him confused before Gon motioned him to open his pinky out as well. After intertwining their pinkies together Gon's eyes shifted from their hands to Killua's eyes.

"I promise," he said. He held a smile till it started to falter. "I should probably head home, I don't want to get caught being out this late. You'll be alright?" Killua nods before he hugs himself, the night had become colder than the two were expecting. Gon, who noticed Killua shivering, undid the strings that connected the cloak to his body and proceeded to drape it over Killua's shoulders. Tying the string to make sure it was secure Gon then went on his merry way, waving to Killua as always.

"WAIT! WHAT ABOUT YOUR CLOAK?!" Killua shouted.

"KEEP IT, I'LL BE ALRIGHT!!" Gon yelled in response from afar. Knowing he wouldn't be able to convince Gon to take back the cloak, he grabs both sides to close the open gap in the center. Looking at the direction where Gon had gone, Killua's gaze softened as he snuggled into the hood.

"You are really something Gon..."