Chapter XV

𝐓𝐖: 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 were basking in each other's presence, leaning on the other in the booth. Killua appeared to be calm on the outside but his heart was racing like crazy, his thoughts were going haywire and he was incredibly nervous. He had accepted the fact that he liked Gon more than a friend but didn't want to ruin what he had with him. He was debating whether or not he should confess his feelings or keep silent. "H-hey Gon?"

"Hm?" Gon was leaning on Killua's shoulder but sat up when he heard him talking.

"I have been wanting to tell you for a while, but I think I-" He was interrupted by Kurapika sprinting into the bakery, swinging the door open at an immense speed you'd think the hinges were about to break. The two flinched at the sudden noise, they noticed Kurapika was out of breath and seemed to be in distress. "Kurapika?! What's wrong?!"

"Gon, the queen is here and she's looking for you..." he confessed, his tone filled with dread.

~ A few hours ago ~

Mito felt guilty for keeping Gon inside for quite some time. She knew what she was doing was wrong but didn't want her son to be influenced by the wrong crowd. After pacing around her room, she decided she would allow Gon into the outside world again to do as he pleased. Not only did he do well on his test, but he seemed to be better behaved. "Perhaps I should tell him...he'll be delighted to hear the news."

She walked through the exquisite halls all the way to Gon's room. Kite was standing on guard as usual but this time he was mortified to see the queen. 'Of course the one night I let Gon out of his room the queen comes, of fucking course' he thought. "My queen," he bowed in respect.

"No need for that Sir Kite, you may rise. I'm just here to tell Gon he is permitted to go out tomorrow. Is he asleep right now?"

"Oh, that's erm, great news. I'm pretty sure he's already asleep right now."

"His light is still on, let me just check." Kite had the urge to grab her arm to stop her but knew what would happen if he did.

"Yes my lady," he had cold sweat as he grabbed the keys and sorted through them for the right one. Making his way to the keyhole, he unlocked the door and opened it with a creak.

"..."

"..."

"Where is he...?"

"I'm sorry?"

"I said, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙣?" Mito turned to him with a tone laced with venom, this was the last straw.

~ Present time ~

"SHE'S WHAT?!" Gon screamed in a panic. The three rushed outside and could see guards as far as the eye could see. Gon was frozen in a state of panic and dread, he didn't know he could've caused this much mayhem. Leorio came over to the three and took Kurapika by the hand before helping him bring the boys inside the bakery once again. He then directed them to behind the counter, out of sight.

"Keep low, we'll try our best to stall them," Leorio said in a way to comfort Gon, patting his shoulder before joining Kurapika outside. The boys were fearful, not only would Gon have severe consequences if he got caught, god knows what they would do to Killua.

Killua turned to Gon, he was on the verge of crying. Without a moment to waste, he went over to him and tried to comfort Gon the best he could. "It'll be alrigh-"

"𝐍𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓! Stop saying that when we both know it's not. This is all my fault. It's my fault I came here knowing that this could happen. Everything that goes wrong will all be because of me. I'm so sorry Killua," Gon muttered through tears. "I just...I never got in trouble before and I don't know what'll happen, I'm...really sorry for yelling at you."

Killua was silent, he couldn't react to the situation as he had never experienced it before. He didn't know why he was crying as well. Gon yelling at him? What might happen to the two of them? He didn't know. He just went over and hugged Gon, not saying a word. From afar, they could hear the shouts of the queen. Killua reacted and covered Gon's ears instinctively, bringing him in closer.