N

You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness

Chapter 9

The party at Jungkook's company continues, and Taehyung stands to the side while holding a wine. He just stands there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Jungkook left to speak with the guest.

He let out a sigh and drinks the whine to ease his nervousness. With a shake of his head, he put his wine glass on the tray that the waiter was holding.

“Oh, Taehyung, is that you?”

He almost flinches when he heard someone call him. He looked at the person, and it was Jimin, one of Jungkook's closest friends.

“Hyung” Taehyung smiled a bit.

“What are you doing here? I've never seen you in a while.” Jimin asked, standing in front of him.

“Jungkook told me to.” Taehyung uttered not telling him the other reasons because he was sure that they also don't know about their breakup.

“But you don't like parties at all, are you sure you will be okay?” Jimin inquired.

“Don't worry, Hyung, I'm here, he will be fine.”

Jungkook came out of nowhere and stands beside Taehyung, holding his waist.

“You should watch him closely, Jungkook, you know that Taehyung has social anxiety. He might get uncomfortable with others.” Jimin advised Jungkook.

“I understand, Hyung, thank you for your concern. I'll take care of him.” Jungkook responded with a smile.

A romantic song plays and people with their couples automatically went into the middle to dance.

“Come on, let's dance.” Jungkook told Taehyung, softly patting his back.

“But I can't dance” Taehyung mumbles.

“It's okay, I'll teach you.” Jungkook dragged him into the middle.

Taehyung swallowed hard and felt nervous about Jungkook's idea. He just watched Jungkook put his hands on top of Jungkook's shoulders and Jungkook on his waist.

“Hold onto me, just follow me.” Jungkook said and looked at him.

Taehyung nodded his head and followed Jungkook's direction of swaying their bodies.

“You didn't tell them, don't you?” Taehyung asked to distract himself, feeling unconscious in his surroundings.

“They don't need to know.” Jungkook shortly responded.

“But you are providing them false information, Jungkook.” Taehyung replied.

“So what do you want me to tell them? That we broke, and you're here because you owe me. Is that what you want?” Jungkook retorted.

“No, but… I'm just saying that…"

“Just think about this part of your payment, curiosity kills the cat.” Jungkook told him, cutting him in the middle of his sentence.

“Okay” Taehyung sighed and looked down.

Out of nowhere, Jungkook pulled him closer as if there were space between them. Taehyung noticed that there was a spotlight on them.

“Just look at me, only me.” Jungkook said to him after sensing that he is getting nervous.

Taehyung swallowed hard while staring into Jungkook's eyes. The people surrounding them stopped to watch them because Jungkook is the CEO, and it's quite interesting to see him with his partner.

His eyes widened when Jungkook went closer to him, pressing their foreheads to each other. In their position, it seems like Jungkook is about to kiss him. He can feel Jungkook's breath against his lips.

“You'll be fine, they won't bite you. I'm here, just trust me.” Jungkook said.

Taehyung closed his eyes expecting Jungkook to kiss him, but he only felt Jungkook's lips on his forehead.