the californa strippers

CALIFORNIA '81

my kinda lover played through the party we were at to get our singer. all of us were wearing dark colours, i was wearing all black so was mick but tommy and Niki both had a splash of green. we walked past everyone, with weird looks our way. " a fucking cover?" I asked Tommy. "yeah but I'm telling you, i went to high school with this dude. okay that is exactly who we need." we all walk over to this table and i grab out a smoke.

i started singing along to the song as i felt micks eyes on me, i use the jack daniels bottle as a mic and dance around him. he starts laughing. "his voice aint bad" i say to Nikki. "I don't care if hen can sing or not. look what hes doing to those chicks." all the girls scream as he bends over. "thank you, we're rock candy"

me and Mick, at the same time, lean over to tommy. "shitty name" recalls him back to the conversation they had when they first met. this Vinnie guy walks off stage and Tommy psych himself up before walking over. "wait tommy!" i call to him. "yeah" he looks back. "can you get me a vodka coke" I smiled. he rolls his eyes and nods.

we all watched him and when he pointed towards up we probably looked intimadating as fuck, becuase of both of them. he walked back over to us and said "i think hes in" he smiled. "where the fuck is my drink?"

-

we all stood in Nikkis house and waited, until. "tommy, your boys here" Vince got out of the car and so did some girl. "whos the chick?" Nikki asked. "which one?" i laughed as Mick said that. Nikki opened the door for Vince and the girl walked in first, and then Vince. "hey man, Nikki." he introduces himself. "What's up, man? Vince." they clapped their hands together.

Vince and Tommy recall their friendship and then Vinces eyes went on me and Mick. "thats mick mars and azure sabbath." i stared at him while Mick went in for a high five. Nikki handed Vince the lyrics as his girlfriend glared at me.

"What's up, babe?" Vince asked his girlfriend while she gave dirty looks to us all. "im just trying to make sure these are good enough to play with you" Nikki looked at tommy and i looked at Tommy, in disbelief, while Mick just glared at her.

me and mick started the riff off and then we all started playing 'live wire'.

Plug me in, I'm alive tonight
Out on the streets again
Turn me on, I'm too hot to stop
Something you'll never forget
Take my fist, break down walls

His girlfriend made us stop playing. i just rolled my eyes and took a swig of the beer behind me. "this music's way too heavy, baby." i crack my knuckles and crack my neck, not in an intimidating way, just in a stressed way. "if you really stretch out the chorus and punch the top, man. hit this note, right here." Nikki helped Vince out. "and muzzle that" Nikkie points at the girlfriend.

"hey, fuck you, asshole!" she kept talking but me and Mick cut her off with the riff.

Plug me in, I'm alive tonight
Out on the streets again
Turn me on, I'm too hot to stop
Something you'll never forget
Take my fist, break down walls
I'm on top tonight, no, no

Better turn me loose, better set me free
'Cause I'm hot, I'm young, running free
Little bit better than I used to be

'Cause I'm alive, live wire
'Cause I'm alive, I'm a live wire
'Cause I'm alive, live wire
'Cause I'm alive, I'm a live wire

"holy shit"

-

i smoked my cigarette as Tommy went around burning roaches that were running around on Nikkis floor, gross. "so here's my theory, okay? if we want to knock people on their asses, then we gotta give them a show. the punks, they're doing the minimalist thing, so lets take it in the exact opposite direction. I'm talking about a stadium show in the clubs, man. like, costumes- im not wearing something that does not give my tits justice" i say pushing my chest out smirking, while they all smirk around me. "and lights and--" Nikki talks.

"pyro. flames and shit." Tommy cuts Nikki out again by making a giant flame. "excatly." Nikki agrees with him. "explosions" Tommy is very excited. "look its a fucker war out there and the only way we win is by showing these kids something they've never seen before." i think Nikkis is being dramatic but eh i'll let him have his fun. "so what do we call this thing?" i ask after he has said nothing about the name.

Nikki pulls up a piece of paper that says Xmas with a satan circle above it. "on a scale of 1-10, it gets a 1.9" Mick says and we all snicker. "It's a play on christmas. you can use all the christ imagery and shit. it'll piss people off and make people think, you know. It has a shock value"

"im shocked by how much it blows" me, tommy and vince all while Nikki throws the paper on the table. Nikki made us all come up with an idea for a band name. I decided to take the piss and wrote the californa strippers. Nikki heard Tommy laughing and asked what he had. "what does it say I don't have my glasses." i leaned over and Tommy called out "fourskins" i looked at him with a confused look. "tommy that doesn't make sense They're at 5 of us." he points his finger at us and slowly points at each one of us forgetting to point to himself.

"Azure what do you have?" i slowly turned my paper around. "the californa strippers? but Azure you're german" i turned the paper around and laughed at it. i threw my head back and wiped my eyes as Mick watched me with a smile plastered on his face. i came back to my senses and Nikki had asked to see Mick's idea.

Mötley Crüe