about fucking time

CALIFORNIA '84

we sat in the same bar as always but i sat on micks lap, we were kinda dating but also no one was really sure, we had kissed a few times but thats about it. oh yeah i forgot to tell you that story, my bad.

well throw back to 1983, it was in august, on the day of my 28th birthday actually. the boys all asked me what i wanted to do and i said just a normal party, but with Mötley Crüe, a party is never normal. there was a stripper pole installed by Tommy as my gift from him, apparently, he wanted me to use it at the party, but more on that later.

Vince got me a 50 pack of condoms and said "better safe then pregnant." but then i had to explain to him that i was infertille, that made a strange 5 mins for him to collect that. Nikki got me coke and a whole  bunch of weed, which i almost smoked all of with mick at the party. Mick got me a new guitar strap that said 'M+A' on it and also a photo frame of all of us at our first gig. i found his gifts very cute, they had a lot more thought in them.

the party had started at my house It was a pretty spacious 2 story, which was mostly covered in music everywhere. tommy tried to use the pole but Nikki told me that he knows i can do it and i ran over to the pole and told tommy to get back before I kicked him in the face. i use my arm and grab near the top of the pole and swing around, which is basic stuff. pretty much everyone was watching, even mick.

i had danced around the pole and did some move where you use your leg to hold on without your hands. everyone started cheering and throwing money at me. i felt alive at the moment. i did more moves before finally getting off and Tommy picked me up and put me on his shoulders and chants. "sabbath!" over and over again. Mick watches with sad eyes and jealousy.

he stormed out and went outside to my front porch. i had gotten really drunk and was smoking a blunt when i finally found out that he was missing. "hey! have you seen Mick?!" i shout to Tommy as hes dancing with 2 chicks, so he doesn't answer. i kept looking until i went out, the only place I hadn't searched.

there he was, sitting on a step. "hey? What's up" i slummed as i sat next to him. he was smoking a cigarette and i was at the end of my joint. "nothing." he was lying. "you have a tell. you hold eye contact less." he glanced over know he was caught. "okay, i guess, I have to tell you some day. i have these feelings for you, but if you don't have them back then this conversation never happened. but seeing Lee pick you up like that made me jealous because i'll never get to pick you up like that." he had not looked at me that whole conversation.

this was so out of character, i thought i knew him, you know, no feelings Mick. but this is a different Mick, his voice seemed laced with guilt. he felt he shouldn't have these feelings towards me, for a reason he doesn't quite know himself.

i reach over and grab his leather jacket and pull him in for a kiss. he flicked his cigarette away and used that hand to place on your face. he tasted like cigarette and vodka. he later told me i tasted like vanilla and weed. this was a passionate kiss that we both carved. we both pulled away he had lipstick all over his lips as it smired all over his face.

"sorry about that" i say as i try to wipe the lipstick off. we both just laugh, seeming stupid. he tries to get up but is unsuccessful without my help. "let's go in. can't be missing your birthday." he grabbed my hand and brought me back into the party.

"sabbath! what's up!" i was greeted by a very drunk james Hetfield, a fellow friend, i met him at a record store, who was in a band that was on their way to get fame, i believe. but one of his band mates called Nikki a hooker and chased after him.

"hey james" i laugh at the 20 year old and pull Mick along with me. i saw Vince on the stripper pole doing not even god knows what.

we walk over to where Nikki and Tommy were sitting. they looked at our hands and started clapping. "about fucking time, holy shit." Tommy always told Mick he needed to get laid, and always told me i should channel my love onto someone in a romantic way, because i had a motherly love over him.

"we only kissed, Dickkopf" i say as i kick his leg and sit down with Mick beside me. "we can do a lot more then that if you want" Mick whispered into my ear as he places his arm on the couch behind me, trying to get comfy by adjusting himself.

heat rises to my cheeks but with the dark lights of the party it's unclear to everyone else but Mick knew and smirked. he liked that he had that affect on me, and we weren't even dating!

anyway back to the present 1984. we all sat around the table, talking about whatever when some guy comes over. "Mötley Crüe! you are all right?" he says with a british accent i wanna say.no one answered him, making this awkward. "razzle. hanoi rocks." he introduces them.

"What's up, man?" Tommy greets him with a handshake and Mick and I roll our eyes at his over friendly behaviour. "we're touring the states for the first time mate." he says, so yes, british. Nikki invites him to sit down with us. almost immediately the girl under our table goes in for a blowjob again. "fucking hell" he shouts but realises whats happening and lets it happen.

i take Mick's sunglasses off his face put them on mine, he turns and smiles at me, kissing me, then placing a cigarette in my mouth lighting it. "i fucking love america!"

-

tonight we were meeting Tommy's girlfriend, he seems so excited about her. he even brought his parents, her name was roxie, shes super pretty, and when i met her i found out i had sex with her before, could not tell you where though.

Tommy wanted me to meet his parents, i was setting up my guitar when he rushes over to me. "sabbath. meet my mom and dad. mom , dad , meet Azure." he turned me around so i could see them. "hi mr and mrs, lee." i did a little wave, his mom walks up and give me a hug shes a bit shorter then me so i lean my chin on her head. "shes going out Mick, right?" his dad says, i look at tommy and back at his dad. "i guess you could say that, yeah" our conversations are short lived as Nikki walks over.

Tommy introduces Nikki and then Roxie walks over and what comes out of Tommy's mouth makes me so shocked i could not register it properly. "this is roxie, my fiancee." i see the locks on Tommy's parents faces and slip away and look for Mick.

i found him backstage, smoking a cigarette, i kissed him and took a hit, "do you know, Tommy is engaged to Roxie now?" i see his eyebrows rise up from under his glasses. "really?" i nodded. "i watched his parents face, not good." he takes another drag and smiles.

we were on the bus not soon after and Mick and I were making out, i was straddling  his lap after getting insanely high. Roxie's still pissed about Tommy's mother calling her a groupie. i pull away from Mick as i hear. "fuck you! and fuck your mother!" Roxie's shouting at tommy for god knows what. Tommy grabs her and tells the bus driver to pull over. Roxie pushes him back. "you are such a spoiled little mama's boy because you wanna crawl back inside her cunt!" she shouts at Tommy, he swigs a punch at Roxie. causing me to get up from Micks lap and run to her side of the bus.

her mouth was bleeding. Tommy runs into the back of the bus and i tell the driver to pull into the nearest gas station, i run to my bag and grab out a bunch of quarters. "is there anyone you can call?" i ask and she nods her head. i give her some water before she gets off the bus.