21.

Sunghoon recognized his surroundings.

He was in Jaeyun's nightmare again.

. I .

He first noticed Jaeyuns uneasiness in sleep when they first slept together. He had woken up to Jaeyuns harsh hold on his hand, sweat dripping down his forehead.

Sunghoon had considered to wake the latter up but recalling his exhausted state before drifting off to sleep, the demon decided not to and instead founding himself entering his nightmare.

To say that the negative energy of the nightmare was abnormal was an understatement. By the time Sunghoon had left Jaeyuns nightmare he had minor burns on his hand.

Though he found it worth it, as he noticed the peaceful expression on his humans face. 

Fuck It.

Shaky hands found their way to golden skin. Lightly nudging the hair away from the closed eyes

"I would say I'd give up my everything just to protect you but as it turns out"
You are my everything
And funnily enough, I can't ever give you up"

. II .

The nightmares had been causing an absolute ruckus.

Sunghoons constant worry for Jaeyun was evident because of the restless state the latter seemed in. Jaeyuns aura had also changed drastically as a result of the nightmares.

"Fucking hell" The demon winced, currently he was seated at the edge of Jaeyuns bed. The human was treating the burns on his hand.

It had become a daily thing at this point. 

Jaeyun, when he first noticed the burns, was furious. He put Sunghoon in a difficult position that day by throwing off all sort of questions while treating the burns on the bed. It didn't take him more than a few questions to realize that the demon wasn't going to answer him regardless of how hard he pushed. 

Since then the human opted to stay silent while treating the burns. 

Tit for Tat

Sunghoon didn't question him either.

"All done." Jaeyun stated,  gently holding the demons wrist with one hand, while putting away the used up bandages with the other.

Jaeyun apparently had no plans of letting go of the demons hand meanwhile the latter had no plans of pulling his hand away.

Sunghoon enjoyed the comfortable silence that followed. 

As calloused fingertips traced his hand, running over veins, tapping his knuckles, A sigh escaped him. Though barely felt, the touch was present and it burned Sunghoon on the insides.

"Jaeyun" Sunghoon breathed

The human looked up with watery eyes and at once, everything came to a halt. It felt as if nature had defied its own rules only to provide Sunghoon a bittersweet haven.

And Somehow the silence shouted volumes at them both.

. III . 

After making the council aware of the nightmares, Sunghoon was raging. It was not hard to imagine red flames of anger and hatred around him.

 Turns out, the nightmares his human had were being caused by a demonic source that had set his eyes on him.

Jaeyuns energy was being feasted upon by the source. It caused the human painful burning sensations that apparently he had hid from Sunghoon

Somehow the realization of Jaeyun being in pain all along had stung Sunghoon more than his own burns did.

. AUTHORS NOTE . 

 hehe >:) happy sleepless return !! Also omg I reread this book to make notes and I've never cringed so bad at anything . I'd definitely cut out the 4th wall breaking parts in the first few chapters once im done with ending this book. Thank you sm for sticking out :D