The coming of age ball

Charlotte POV
   I walk over to the hall. I smile waving at my friends. "You look amazing sweetie." My dad said. "Thank you dad," I smile. "Are you ready to make your first appearance?" He asks as I take his arm. "Yes Im nervous but good thing I have my best friends there." I say as he leads me into the ball. I notice royals from England, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, and Norway. I shake their hands after curtsying to the kings and queens. "We should add you onto the group chat all the future female rulers are in there." The princess of Norway says. "I would love that." I give all of them my number. This is amazing. Sam walks over he bows "Your majesty it's time to give your speech," he says "Ok thank you Sam." I walk over to the microphone. "Good evening thank you all for coming tonight I'm honored to stand up here in the same room as you all. But I'm also honored to be standing in front of the people who raised me, the ones who have been with me since I was 5. I cannot thank you enough for being there for me. I truly wouldn't be standing here without your love and support. I know that I would need your support learning my new life but I know I have it. But there's been one person in my life that has been through everything with me. His name is Henry Jackson. He is my true rock. We met when we were both in kindergarten and we became vest friends instantly. His loyalty and his friendship will be cherished for ever. He put his life on hold to come and help me learn about this amazing country and helped me learn the ways of a princess." I pause as everyone laughs. "But I would love to honor my adopted parents they sadly passed two months and I'm carrying them in my hearts as I go through this journey. As many have asked me where I'm going to high school to finish my high school career. I have talked to my friends coaches and teachers I have decided to stay in Detroit. But I will come back during breaks and if I need to once in a while I will come and visit. Thank you," I step down the crowd clapped I smile nervously. Jeff walks over "Traditionally the guest of honor dances with their father to open up the dance floor. I know you have a more comfortable dress upstairs you can change after the dance." He said as he bows I curtsy we dance.

I come back all the grown ups already left leaving me with my friends and cousins

I come back all the grown ups already left leaving me with my friends and cousins. We dance all night. Sam looks around as he tries to make sure we are safe.