Grandma Jackson

Charlotte POV      I finish putting my hair up in bubble braids

Charlotte POV
I finish putting my hair up in bubble braids. I sigh looking at the time making sure all the shirts are ready. "Hey when you are ready the car is waiting outside," Sam said. Henry had to go back home his grandma took a fall. "Ok sure. Have you heard from Henry?" I ask standing up. "No but hopefully soon, you are going home after the camp on Friday?" Sam asks. "That's the plan unless something happens, make sure they give Henry and his family space." I remind him. I grab my phone "Already on it Henry has my number so if anything changes for her health your plane is waiting on standby," Sam hugs me. "Thank you she is practically a grandma for me. I never met my adopted grandparents." I reply wiping my tears away. "I get it sweetie it's hard now let's go she wouldn't be wanting you to forget about the charity..." Sam interrupted by my phone. "Hello?"
Sam POV
Standing there seeing tears run down her face. "Ok I'll be there in 2 hours tell her I'm on my way," she hangs up and runs to her car and drives off. "What's going on?" Lily walks over I bow. "Henry's grandma took a fall I don't think she's ok." I reply "Ok I'll make sure the event gets postponed and no cameras will follow her," Lily replies. "Yes ma'am," I bow and leave to get on the plane.
Henry POV
I stand there waiting on the tarmac as Charlotte lands. She runs up and hugs me tightly. "How is she?" She asks as we head to the car. "She's hanging in there. She wouldn't leave this world without seeing you," I kiss her forehead. "I know she wouldn't," she answers as we drive to the hospital in record time. She steps out Lexi runs over and hugs her. "Hey sweetie pie, let's go inside." She says shaking hands with the doctors waving off any curtsy's or bows. We get to Gran's room "Hey sweetie, don't you look like you are ready for a run," Gran says kissing her cheek. "Hi Gran, how do you feel?" She asks taking a seat next to her bed. Sam stands just outside the room. I walk over "Hey how is she?" Sam asked hugging me. "She's ok she gave us a scare but the docs say she will recover," I reply playing with a box in my pocket. "Henry what's in your pocket?" Sam asks raising a eyebrow. "Well Gran wasn't doing well and she gave me her engagement ring to propose to Char," I whisper pulling him more away from the room making sure Char can't hear. "That's amazing Henry," Sam hugs me tightly. "What about the football and cheer clinic?" I ask. "It's postponed. She didn't even think twice about coming to see you," Sam tells me. "Yeah she's amazing," I smile nodding my head.
Charlotte POV
While I talked to Gran. Lexi curled up in my lap. I smiled down at her rubbing her back. "I think we need to get her somewhere to sleep," Gran whispers. "I agree her parents are still traveling home I'll take her to my place," I pick her up and lead carry her out to the car through the back since cameras are in the front. "Where are we headed?" Henry asked "To my second apartment which no one including me knows about." I smile buckling her in. "Dang that's great," Henry kisses my forehead.