04: I Take Down A Hydra Base Like A Pro

Y/N ROGERS

"Please?" I begged. "Please, please, please?"

"I swear to Thor, if you don't shut the fuck up–"

"Come on, Clint!" I pleaded. "Please convince Steve to let me come–" Clint groaned and covered his ears, but I persisted. "Come on! I've been on two sort-of missions before... what's so different about this one?"

Clint took a deep breath to steady himself, and maybe to convince himself not to punch me right in the face. I didn't want to be annoying, but in less than an hour, the original six Avengers were going to embark on a mission to take down a Hydra base, and hopefully retrieve Loki's sceptre, and I wanted to be there. I wanted to take down a Hydra base.

"Why don't you just ask him yourself?" Clint suggested, starting to walk away. "Use all of your tactics on him."

"I just feel like with the support of someone else..." I pressed, jogging to catch up with him.

Clint finally relented with the most dramatic sigh I'd ever heard, and agreed to talk to Steve with me. Steve wasn't the happiest about it, but with the support of Clint, he approved, but with a few rules.

"You have to be with one of us at all times," Steve ordered. "If none of us can see you, and you can't see any of us, then find one of us as soon as it's safe to do so."

I saluted him. "Yes, Captain America, sir!"

Steve rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair, to which I smacked his hand away. "Go get ready."

I grinned and rushed to my room. There was a shield suit in my closets, identical to the one that Natasha wore. I slipped into it as quickly as possible and ran back to the jet hangar, where the rest of the Avengers were waiting.

"Alright, let's go," Steve commanded.

We all loaded onto the quinjet, and I was practically buzzing with excitement.

"This is going to be a surprise attack," Steve informed us. "We're going to get in, and disable enough agents so that Shield can come and take the base. We're going to get the sceptre, and then our job is done."

I nodded at his explanation, and took a few breaths to steady myself. This was it. This was the first Hydra base I was going to take down – the first of many. For some reason, I felt like this mission was going to be monumental, but I couldn't explain why.

Quicker than I expected, we arrived in Sokovia. We touched down in a clearing in a snowy forest, and began sneaking up to the edge of the base. Tony blasted the perimeter guard with his suit, but two more appeared.

"Alright, we're going in full force!" Steve ordered.

And so we dove into the fight. I blasted Hydra agents left and right, but more seemed to appear. Natasha stole a car and started driving closer to the base with Clint in the back, shooting arrows at agents. I flew above them, taking care of the Hydra agents with jetpacks, blasting them from the sky. Natasha drove the jeep like she had nothing to live for, and yet with a lot of skill. A Hydra agent flew to Natasha's side of the jeep, and she kicked the door open before kicking the agent away, causing him to slam into a tree. Tony flew past me, blasting away an agent, and a Hydra jeep with a big and dangerous-looking gun drove up next to Clint and Natasha. I shot a blast at the car and it blew up, knocking away more Hydra agents.

Watchtowers came crumbling down as Thor took care of the agents on them, and the sound of Steve's motorbike revved through the sounds of yelling and gunfire. Everything was happening at once, the Avengers weaving in and out of each other, working in perfect sync. I was trained by Hydra to work alone and to follow orders, but after training with the Avengers for a month, I was able to work with them as a team.