16: Back To Normal-ish Life

Y/N ROGERS

I woke up to the soft rumbling of the quinjet. My eyes felt like they were glued shut as I tried to open them. It took a few attempts, but I was eventually able to open them, just as the rumbling faded away. I was in the quinjet, as I had expected, and Steve was standing beside me.

"Oh, thank god you're okay," Steve breathed, pulling me in for a hug.

I hugged him back tightly, trying to blink the tiredness away. When I pulled away, everyone else was looking at me. I looked back at them.

"Take a picture," I grinned tiredly. "It'll last longer."

A few of them let out a huff of laughter and came over to hug me. I accepted the attention and slid off of the table I was currently sitting on. I wobbled a bit, but Natasha was beside me to steady me. I shot her a look of thanks and gingerly stepped forwards, glad that I was regaining my motor skills.

"Y/n, you should probably get some more sleep," Bruce suggested. "You used a lot of power. We'll have food ready for when you wake up."

I smiled sleepily at him and rested my head against his shoulder in thanks before heading to my room. Steve walked with me, probably to make sure I didn't fall asleep in the middle of a random hallway. I made it all the way to my room and my bathroom, where I scrubbed away the dirt and blood on my body. Steve waited in my bedroom for me, just in case I passed out in the shower and hit my head or something, and I got changed into my pyjamas in my bathroom.

Steve sat on my bed and I climbed in next to him, pulling the covers up and feeling sleep already beginning to take me away. Steve ran his fingers lightly through my hair, and I sighed as I drifted into the land of dreams.

*

I stood in a room full of webs. There were no spiders, thankfully, but webs stretched around me, trapping me.

"Hey, come on!"

The voice was young, and I turned to face it. There was a red mask, but that was all I could see. Everything else was blurry... or was it non-existent?

"You're a criminal! Bye, mister criminal!"

*

I woke up to the sun shining in through my curtains. I turned to look at my alarm clock, which read three minutes past one. With the light shining, I knew it was one in the afternoon. I wanted to fall back asleep, but my stomach was growling at me to go get food.

I got up and looked down at my pyjamas before shrugging to myself and heading out into the tower. I took the elevator up to the common room, and found Natasha, Clint, Steve, and the Maximoff twins in the kitchen.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty," Natasha chirped, and I rolled my eyes.

"Morning, Nat," I replied, and sat down at the kitchen island.

Natasha slid me a plate of my favourite breakfast, and I dug in hungrily. Nat, Clint, and Steve sat together, while Wanda and Pietro sat a bit further away. I watched them curiously. The others were in the middle of eating their own foods, taking turns between looking at their food and looking at me. I rolled my eyes at their behaviour. I was fine – I just needed a nap.

"If you're up to it," Natasha began, "maybe you could show Wanda and Pietro around?"

The twins looked up at the mentions of their names and then to me, and I nodded. "Yeah, sure."

I smiled at them and they both smiled back, Pietro's smile more of a beam, and Wanda's smile a little more hesitant. We finished our breakfast and I bid the other Avengers goodbye before leading the twins to the elevator.