17: I Have No Idea How To Interact With People My Own Age

Y/N ROGERS

I woke up to sunlight shining in through my curtains. I groaned as I sleepily opened my eyes, getting used to the brightness. After a very big yawn and an even bigger stretch, I got out of bed and got ready before heading down to the training rooms. It felt weird, this sense of normalcy now that we weren't fighting Ultron anymore.

The elevator doors opened to the training rooms and I stepped out, taking my drink bottle and towel to one of the benches. Natasha, Wanda, and Pietro were already there, the latter two wearing Shield issued training clothes, which was basically just a tight, black shirt and pants. I had to avert my eyes as I walked up to them.

Natasha was continuing on from where they must have left off yesterday, demonstrating proper defensive stances and techniques. The redhead looked up as I walked over and smiled at me.

"Morning, Y/n," she greeted with a nod. "I was wondering if you'd be able to help Wanda train with her powers after this? Y'know, with defences and other things?"

I nodded with a smile and headed over to the treadmills to start my workout. Music filled my ears as I put my earbuds in and I got lost in the music and exercise. I was just finishing up with boxing against the bag when Natasha finished the twins' lesson, and it was turned over to me.

"So," I began, looking at the twins. "Did you two have much training with your powers at Hydra?"

"No," Pietro responded. "They mostly left it to ourselves to figure out."

"Right," I murmured, plans and ideas forming in my head. "Well, Pietro, I'll show you the HARM room, and you can run at high speeds through the obstacle course to improve your agility and control."

"Excuse me, did you just say harm room?" Pietro demanded.

I nodded. "It's an acronym, it won't actually harm you. It stands for 'Holographic Augmented Reality Machine.' Tony invented it."

Pietro looked slightly more relaxed at that and I led him over to the HARM room, which was on the other side of the training floor. I quickly put a simple obstacle course into the touchpad, and then swiftly taught him how to use it. He nodded along, crossing his arms and making his biceps flex through his shirt.

"Right, so... that's that," I announced, stepping back and praying my eyes wouldn't stray back to his body. "Let me know if you have any problems."

"Will do, Princessa," Pietro grinned.

I mentally screamed at the nickname, unsure as to why it bothered me, but in a good way. Pietro entered the HARM room, and I walked towards Wanda.

"Okay," I said. "So, defence is the most important part of combat, so show me your shield."

Wanda did as I asked, and I noticed that the edges did not fray like they did back in the vibranium factory. I tapped it with the back of my hand and it stayed strong, the colours lightening a bit as they absorbed the contact. I hit it harder and it rippled slightly but did not break. I nodded to myself and shot a blast at it. Wanda's magic absorbed the hit, but her shield flickered slightly against it.

"Alright," I hummed. "Can you add more power to the shield? As in, can you make it stronger, maybe by adding more magic to it?"

Wanda scrunched her face up a bit and the shield glowed a bit brighter. I shot another blast at the forcefield and it held, rippling faintly.

"Okay, good," I praised. "Now, I want you to practise going between strengths of your shield. For example, if some goon is going to punch it, you won't need as much power as you would if you were protecting yourself from one of my blasts."