13: Tony Might Be Crazy, But So Am

Y/N ROGERS

The trip to the tower was quick as I soared through the sky. It only took a few minutes to get there, and I landed on the jet hangar before running into the building.

I had to stop Tony from... well, I wasn't actually sure about the specifics, but I was pretty much just supposed to stop him from doing something Very Bad. It took me ten whole minutes to find him and Bruce in the labs, seeing as there were ten floors dedicated to science.

The two of them were leaning over the cradle, and I heard as Tony quipped, "I wanna help you put Jarvis in this thing."

When I entered the room both of them looked at me, and I opened my mouth to tell them to stop and wait for Steve to arrive, to not do anything to the creature in the cradle, when they disappeared, and a man stood in their place – except, he wasn't a man. He stood tall and had reddish-purple skin, and his eyes looked technological.

"Who are you?" I inquired.

The creature looked at me. "I am Vision."

"Vision," I repeated. "What are you?"

"You think I am a child of Ultron," he stated.

I nodded, feeling my power warm my hands as I prepared to end him. But... something was telling me not to destroy him, telling me that we needed him.

"Allow me to show you," he offered.

Before I could speak images flashed through my mind, a series of events that were going to take place. Vision helping us fight in the cloud-city. Vision helping the Avengers on missions. Vision helping the Avengers in battle.

"What – what's going on?" I demanded.

"I am not Ultron, and I am not Jarvis," Vision told me. "I am not what you are, and not what you intended. But I will help you destroy Ultron."

Before I had the chance to open my mouth he disappeared, and Tony and Bruce stood in front of me, the former clicking his fingers in front of my face.

"Oh, thank god you're back," Bruce sighed.

"What just happened?" I asked.

Tony scoffed. "I was just about to ask you the same thing. Your eyes just rolled into the back of your head and began glowing, and then you started muttering and mumbling."

I looked at the Cradle, which was glowing blue. I felt something pulling me towards it, and I contemplated my... vision? The android – also called Vision – said he would help us destroy Ultron, but he was not Ultron, nor was he, Jarvis. Then what was he?

Someone who could help, that's what.

But what if he wasn't? What if it was all a lie, something that maybe Wanda had fabricated in my mind? What if this was what Ultron wanted, for Tony and Bruce to create something even worse?

But... it felt like the right thing to do. I had to trust my instincts.

"It'll work," I finally announced.

"What?"

"It'll work," I repeated. "Put Jarvis in there."

Tony turned to Bruce with a grin on his face, and Bruce threw his arms in the air and shook his head. I left the room, deciding to leave the two scientists to deal with creating Vision, and searched for Clint. I found him in one of the computer rooms, monitoring screens and radios.

"Hey, kid," he greeted when he noticed me. "Have they destroyed the world yet?"

"It's too soon to know for sure," I replied.