002.

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ : ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅꜱ

ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅꜱ

Shouts could be heard throughout the forest, including from inside Lynetta's adopted home

Shouts could be heard throughout the forest, including from inside Lynetta's adopted home. The shouts were loud and gruff, most likely coming from the Telemarines, a group that most would hide from. But since the attack on her home, Lynetta has waited to seek them out and take revenge on all those they killed.

As to not alert Trufflehunter, she quietly grabbed her sword from its place behind her door. Hastily, she descended the stairs and ran out of the wooden home. Luckily, Trufflehunter had not detected her leaving for if he had she wouldn't have been allowed to leave.

It wasn't hard for Lynette to locate the fight - they weren't exactly quiet. Some Telemarine soldiers ran after a boy on horseback. But what confused Lynetta was that the victim of the chase was also Telemarine. But Lynetta had no care for who they were, other than the fact they were Telemarine. She waited on the riverside, seeing the boy cross easily but the soldiers washed away with the current. Her focus was solely on the soldier, waiting to see if the would advance, which they did.

Turning back to the boy, she noticed him being dragged along the floor by his own horse. He allowed himself to be taken for a while, before tugging at the stirrup stuck around his foot. Eventually, he untangled it but remained on the floor.

Lynetta had no care for him anymore, as the soldiers had crossed the river still chasing the boy. She waited for the perfect moment. As one of the soldiers ran past her, she stepped out from behind and tripped him up. Swiftly, the soldier swung back around and raised his sword to Lynetta. Obviously, the soldier had seen she was a girl and had underestimated her, swinging his sword lightly. Lynetta pushed back much harder, knocking his sword down and she briskly delivered a blow to the head with the hilt of her sword.

The others had seen her arrival, so they spilt; many soldiers still ran after the boy while two or three moved after Lynetta. Lynetta took each one down with ease, and while doing so she took a glance back at the boy. She now realised that Trufflehunter's friends had joined the fight. Abruptly, she sliced down the man with her sword and he crumbled to the floor in pain, leaving Lynetta to run and help Trumkin and Nikabrik.

"Take care of him." Trumpkin shouted to Nikabrik as the split in different directions, each with a sword raised. Trumpkin ran at the soldiers, recognising Lynetta fighting amongst them.

Lynetta was so immersed in the fight, that the noise of a horn startled her. She turned to look for the origin of the sound, finding the boy blowing into a familiar looking horn.  She watched as Nikabrik approached his knocking him out with a single hit. She redirected her attention back to the soldiers, noticing how most had retreated out of the forest apart from a select few.

Lynetta held her own ground against three of the soldiers while Trumpkin found himself battling another. Lynetta was grabbed from behind by one of the soldiers, in retaliation she thrust her elbow back into his nose. The man stumbled clutching it within his hands, trying to hold the blood. Lynetta spun facing the man and delivered a harsh kick to him, knocking him unconscious. Just in time she turned, facing the man who swung at her from behind. Her sword got caught within his, leaving her side open for the third soldier to hack at her side.

Lynetta doubled over in pain, releasing her sword. When the soldiers saw she was down they too rested their stance, leaving their swords at their sides. Suddenly, Lynetta jumped back up and swung at them with a dagger she had stored within her dress.

One of the men had been caught by her dagger and found himself palling quickly. The blood gushed out of his wound, leaving him exhausted. Lynetta realised he was no longer a threat and turned to the last man.

Trumpkin was still in battle with the other soldier and Nikabrik was attempting to drag the boy away from the scene, to do what Lynetta was unsure.

The soldier in front of her was more muscular than the other. He was much taller than she and had a lot more strength. Lynetta assessed the man, while he was strong he wasn't fast.

She jumped on the balls of her feet, moving nimbly to his other side. The soldier wasn't quick eand gained a rough swing to his side. He spun around and swung his sword heavily, in hopes of reaching the girl. But, again, Lynetta was quick on her feet and moved away from the soldier.

Lynetta smiled, she hadn't fought anyone for a while. The dummy's made up were not worthy opponents, so she found the fight amusing. Until, out of the corner of her eye, she watched as Trunpkin began to loose his battle. Lynetta wanted to end her feud with the soldier quickly, so she could help her friend.

Instead of dodging his attempts, she began making them. Strike after strike was made at the soldier and he began to loose his stance, not being able to keep up with Lynetta. The man fell backwards over a root, hitting his head knocking him out cold.

Lynetta watched him for a second, before shrugging and running to help Trumpkin, but she was too late. The unconscious dwarf was being hauled away on the back of a Telemarine soldiers horse.

Lynetta turned her head back to Nikabrik, almost given herself whiplash. He was unharmed and still trying to drag the heavy boy. "Nikabrik!" Lynetta cried, running towards him.

"Nettie! What are you doing?" Nikabrik panicked. "I heard the fight and came." She looked down at the boy, turning her head to look at him rightside up. "Who is he?" Nikabrik shook his head. "I don't know, now help me move him."